P3D - 4.0 Stuck flap sound loop.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BusheFlyer
Airman

P3D - 4.0 Stuck flap sound loop.

Post by BusheFlyer »

Hi, firstly I love the 172.. I flew one for many years in real life so it takes me back.

I have however this morning run into a hugely frustrating problem, the flap sound is stuck in a permanent loop. Even following new flights and after restarting both P3D and the pc itself. I have tried creating a new flight.. using "Reset" from the Shift-3 menu, tried overhauling with Shift-7. But still it's stuck.. it is driving me crazy! Even not touching the flap controls, the sound starts and then stays running drowning out everything else. It is basically unusable at the moment. Prior to this happening.. had no issues with the 172 in P3D 4.0.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D - 4.0 Stuck flap sound loop.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please let me know your install directory and more details about your system.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BusheFlyer
Airman

Post by BusheFlyer »

Hi Lewis,

Sure, it installed to the C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons directory.

My computer is getting on a bit and rapidly approaching retirement, however it is running P3D beautifully (much better than FSX):

i7 930 2800Mhz, 6GB Ram, 4 x SSD's, Geforce GTX 750Ti.

I have installed at the moment just A2A C172 along with Horizon Gen-X Photoscenery and UK2000 VFR Airfields Volumes 1-3.

Prior to this issue starting I had completed several flights including legs of 4 hrs continuous flying as I take the 172 across the north Atlantic via Iceland/Greenland/Newfoundland. Now the issue has started it appears to be linked to the aircraft. The default aircraft are fine, however when I switch to the 172, the flap noise will start incessantly if the master battery switch is on.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Never had reports of this, but try deleting the .dat file for the 172 and see how you get on with a new one. Also just to confirm are the other add-ons you installed P3Dv4 compatible?

thanks,
Lewis

BusheFlyer
Airman

Post by BusheFlyer »

I tried reinstalling the A2A 172 and now the sound is gone! Thankfully! It was driving me crazy. No closer to understanding why it happened in the first place, I had not made any changes of any kind to the 172. The UK2000 scenery is not compatible as such, but by removing some files (containing fs9 code) it works fine. The Gen-X scenery is compatible entirely.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear. Please do remember when forcing old software and mods to run on any platform it isnt designed for can cause issues. Its like the old toddler toys of shapes and cut outs, forcing one shape through the hole by force without it really fitting is gonna result in issues.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”