C172 and F1 GTN 750 Radio and Nav, slow click responses

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
hsolano77
Airman

C172 and F1 GTN 750 Radio and Nav, slow click responses

Post by hsolano77 »

This is my first post, glad to be here. I just installed the GTN 750 on my C172 and it looks very good. However, there are some issues. I have searched but not found any older posts that address my issues.

1. Changing frequencies in GTN 750 for radio or nav does not cause C172 radios to change frequency. As a matter of fact, they are on different frequencies. Quite confusing.

2. Both the VC and the pop-up version have very weird and slow clicking behavior. Sometimes you have to click twice to get it to take the action.

Any help is appreciated. I have the latest version of the C172 with the updater having run. I have the latest version of the GTN 750 (1.22) and the trainer. My FSX is boxed SP2 with Acceleration, Windows 10. GTN 750 behaves well in other craft.

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 and F1 GTN 750 Radio and Nav, slow click responses

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums. :)

Can't help much with this one I'm afraid as I don't have a copy of the GTN. Mostly just giving it a little bump in case anyone else can chime in.

However, I'm puzzled when you say...
hsolano77 wrote:Changing frequencies in GTN 750 for radio or nav does not cause C172 radios to change frequency. As a matter of fact, they are on different frequencies. Quite confusing.
The GTN 750 should replace the existing COMM1 and NAV1 radios: the frequency on the other radio in the virtual cockpit (the Bendix King KX 155A) is supposed to be different, it's the COMM2 and NAV2 unit.

Apologies if I've misunderstood. Perhaps you mean that the frequency in the "quick radios" (shift 6) pop-up is different?

Thanks,
Nick

hsolano77
Airman

Post by hsolano77 »

You are 100% correct, I was thinking the radio left was COM1/NAV1 when it was CON2/NAV2, and the GTN handles COM1/NAV1.

The choppiness of the GTN comes and goes. Sometimes after I restart my PC it goes back to normal. Seems like an issue with the C172 and GTN-750 integration.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no one else has reported this since 2013 so I dont believe it s an issue with the integration. Whats your FPS when this occurs, is your system struggling with the load you are throwing at it? I know some users of the GTN use different cores for performance etc etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hsolano77
Airman

Post by hsolano77 »

I think I fixed it now. I had to turn off a Legacy Mode setting in the GTN, that made the performance snappy and responsive. FPS on ground is typically 40-60, CPU usage remains around 35%.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, and i'll try to remember this should future users come across this.

happy flying in the virtual skies,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”