After moving Documents folder autostart doesnt work anymore.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
julietsierrappl
Airman

After moving Documents folder autostart doesnt work anymore.

Post by julietsierrappl »

Hello A2A! Your C172 is my fav aircraft ever but I have some beginning problems with using C172 with P3DV4.

Installed the C172 and everything worked fine, except it seemed unusually stuttery. Then I had the idea of moving the aircraft from the C drive to the D drive which is my main flightsim harddrive. I found a way to move it after discovering the "move" function that WIN10 offers. After moving my documents folder from C: (main windows drive) to D: ( flightsim drive) using the native WIN10 "move" feature I can´t start the A2A. Tried using the "autostart function" and it still cant start. It starts spinning but the rpm just cant get high enough somehow and it cant start. Any suggestion?

ps. is there any special reason we cant get an option to use some other drive than C: to install A2A aircraft? Why force us to use the main drive, I think many simmers have a separate
drive for simming.

Anyways, all suggestions welcomed :)

Jon

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: After moving Documents folder autostart doesnt work anym

Post by mallcott »

Because while `many simmers` might have another drive for their sim, not all do.

ALL simmers, however, do have a C:\ drive and the correct position for it with compliance with the v4 SDK is where it is. Things have changed with v4 and you should get used to them.

Just google mklink and you can create a dynamic or symbolic link and move the folder anywhere.

julietsierrappl
Airman

Ah, I see

So P3DV4 demands that it's in the C: drive and even though A2A wanted to make things easier for users by giving
them the option to use other drives it´s impossible to code. Well that explains it, damnit LM!

Thanks for the answer.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

julietsierrappl wrote:Ah, I see

So P3DV4 demands that it's in the C: drive and even though A2A wanted to make things easier for users by giving
them the option to use other drives it´s impossible to code. Well that explains it, damnit LM!

Thanks for the answer.

I moved my documents folder to D: (my hard drive with 2TB of memory while C: is my Windows system only 128GB SSD) and everything works fine. But I have moved the Addon folder BEFORE I installed the 172. take a look here (if you haven't yet):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoJhk8Ud8TU&t[/youtube]

julietsierrappl
Airman

I think that may be be solution, i.e. moving it before installation. Thanks, will try! :)

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

julietsierrappl wrote:I think that may be be solution, i.e. moving it before installation. Thanks, will try! :)
The dynamic link is a FAR better solution.

julietsierrappl
Airman

marcE, thanks, works like a charm now :)

As for the dynamic links, thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it more but I did google it and it went a bit over my head. Of course there´s not much in it so it´s not saying much lol. But
as I said, need to look into it a bit.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Please see here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=59802

You don't need to link or move your my docs. You can create your own directry copy the A2A folder there and then edit one file (add-on cfg file).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”