Not working at all in Prepar3D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Milky
Airman

Not working at all in Prepar3D

Post by Milky »

Hi friends,
I have P3D version 3.x (latest download). Downloaded A2A Cessna 172 Skyhawk trainer, apparently perfectly. Can get into the cockpit, but yoke etc. do not work, Saitek X52, and I can turn the ignition key, but nothing happens, I have the alternator on. Completely dead. Asus Maximus formula 111 mobo with Intel i7 860 2.8 Ghz cpu and Nvidia GTX1050Ti graphics card with 4096 MB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz memory and Antec Signature 650w psu, Dell U2415 monitor. I can usually carry out most routines, but cannot get the aircraft 'connected', apart from views, there is no response. I also have this aircraft on fsx, and it is my favourite. I now very much like P3D with the megaearthscenery, it now beats fsx. I am 85 which I know is no rarity these days, and will especially be grateful for help, which I can follow. Many thanks in hope. Alan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Not working at all in Prepar3D

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

it sounds like you may need to install simconnect. From the Troubleshooting FAQ;
P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
After a system restart that should see you up and flying.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

Thank you for the lead, as you know, you have to open the Lib folder and activate the SimConnect.msi a Windows Installer. The engine now starts control+e, but the Yoke etc. still not connected to the aircraft, except yoke forward/back trim control moves, yoke left/right flaps up down. I have investigated all available avenues in settings. All my other aircraft work perfectly. I live and fly from Clacton not far from you, what a happy coincidence considering this is an international forum. If you can help further, please fully explain the process, don't assume I know. Best regards....Alan

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Milky wrote:Thank you for the lead, as you know, you have to open the Lib folder and activate the SimConnect.msi a Windows Installer. The engine now starts control+e, but the Yoke etc. still not connected to the aircraft, except yoke forward/back trim control moves, yoke left/right flaps up down. I have investigated all available avenues in settings. All my other aircraft work perfectly. I live and fly from Clacton not far from you, what a happy coincidence considering this is an international forum. If you can help further, please fully explain the process, don't assume I know. Best regards....Alan
Your first step should be the manual for the aircraft. The mere fact that you refer to Ctrl+E for an `Accusimmed` aircraft suggests you haven't yet read the manual for the aircraft.
For this aircraft it is not optional. In there you will find all details about assigning controls using the appropriate GUI.

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

mallcott wrote:
Milky wrote:Thank you for the lead, as you know, you have to open the Lib folder and activate the SimConnect.msi a Windows Installer. The engine now starts control+e, but the Yoke etc. still not connected to the aircraft, except yoke forward/back trim control moves, yoke left/right flaps up down. I have investigated all available avenues in settings. All my other aircraft work perfectly. I live and fly from Clacton not far from you, what a happy coincidence considering this is an international forum. If you can help further, please fully explain the process, don't assume I know. Best regards....Alan
Your first step should be the manual for the aircraft. The mere fact that you refer to Ctrl+E for an `Accusimmed` aircraft suggests you haven't yet read the manual for the aircraft.
For this aircraft it is not optional. In there you will find all details about assigning controls using the appropriate GUI.
I have read the 'Quick Start' I am in P3D and the assignments are via the options, my Saitek Yoke is not responding, the buttons are. I would appreciate some help, not to be referred to a manual, how do I get my Saitek yoke connected to the aircraft appropriately, there was a fleeting red warning that installation error had occurred. This aircraft is supposed to be P3D ready to fly.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alan,

Sounds like a control conflict of some sort. What method do you use for assigning hardware axes? Do you use the internal P3D settings menu, or external software such as FSUIPC or something from Saitek?

Also, do you have the P3D version of the 172 installed in P3D? (you also mention an install in FSX.)

Finally, have you installed the latest Accu-Sim update?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. No harm in using ctrl + e, especially when troubleshooting: it invokes the correct A2A 'auto-start' procedure. :wink:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Clacton is down the road a bit yup, small world. Nick here a local community guru on the forums is local to me a bit further north too.

Anyway I would double up what Nick said. Now you got simconnect all running check you are all updated by running the latest Accu-sim updater Nick linked and then if you can let us know more about your exact setup we can better help.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Nick M wrote:Hi Alan,

Sounds like a control conflict of some sort. What method do you use for assigning hardware axes? Do you use the internal P3D settings menu, or external software such as FSUIPC or something from Saitek?

Also, do you have the P3D version of the 172 installed in P3D? (you also mention an install in FSX.)

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. No harm in using ctrl + e, especially when troubleshooting: it invokes the correct A2A 'auto-start' procedure. :wink:
...but only when the sim settings are set correctly...

Per the manual. :)

And only when the flight is saved and set correctly...

You are using the correct (P3D) version in Prepar3d, not the FSX version?

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

mallcott wrote:

Thanks,
Nick

Per the manual. :) Hi Nick, did the download, very impressive, sought and found my Cessna, did a full completion, as far as I could see perfect. Now have a beautiful virtual cockpit, but total lack of yoke or throttle response, respond to keyboard input, and button input from the Saitek X52. As you know this aircraft costs almost the same price as the complete Prepar3D. The only thing I have not described about my system is that it is Windows 10 Pro, completely up to date, as are my Nvidia drivers. I am not even a novice, despite the 'not dones'. How can I be so wrong? I thought hard and long before buying this aircraft, it is only because I find the Mooney Acclaim G1000 a bit too fast for Clacton and my leisurely style. I enjoyed the Cessna in FSX (nothing to do with P3D). The aircraft is unusable in my P3D, how else is it possible to access controls to get the Yoke recognised.
If you can think of anything else, I will be grateful. Best regards.....Alan

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Did you run the Accusim updater that Nick referenced above? That is always necessary even if you just purchased the aircraft.

I don't own P3D so I can't comment on control mappings, but I would expect that any control mappings in directly in the P3D control panels should apply to the A2A 172 just as they do for me in FSX.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

Oracle427 wrote:Did you run the Accusim updater that Nick referenced above? That is always necessary even if you just purchased the aircraft.

I don't own P3D so I can't comment on control mappings, but I would expect that any control mappings in directly in the P3D control panels should apply to the A2A 172 just as they do for me in FSX.
Hi, I did all that as mentioned A2A Update 04_13.17 zip perfect installation, I can 'change' the axes in the options, but the change does not result in the yoke functioning, there is a total disconnect. Thanks for your comments though... Best regards Alan

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

Milky wrote:
mallcott wrote:

Thanks,
Nick

Per the manual. :) Hi Nick, did the download, very impressive, sought and found my Cessna, did a full completion, as far as I could see perfect. Now have a beautiful virtual cockpit, but total lack of yoke or throttle response, respond to keyboard input, and button input from the Saitek X52. As you know this aircraft costs almost the same price as the complete Prepar3D. The only thing I have not described about my system is that it is Windows 10 Pro, completely up to date, as are my Nvidia drivers. I am not even a novice, despite the 'not dones'. How can I be so wrong? I thought hard and long before buying this aircraft, it is only because I find the Mooney Acclaim G1000 a bit too fast for Clacton and my leisurely style. I enjoyed the Cessna in FSX (nothing to do with P3D). The aircraft is unusable in my P3D, how else is it possible to access controls to get the Yoke recognised.
If you can think of anything else, I will be grateful. Best regards.....Alan

as far as I know you can only download P3D or fsx. You cannot make a mistake and mysteriously get a `Cessna 172 in your P3D, you are asked FSX or P3D and the rest is automatic. I have the P3D selection in my P3D. Everything is worth considering, and I would love a solution. Sorry I did not answer thus earlier.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

What they mean is that when you purchased the C172 you purchased the one for P3D not for FSX.

Cheers Chris

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

speedy70 wrote:What they mean is that when you purchased the C172 you purchased the one for P3D not for FSX.

Cheers Chris
That is what I purchased Cessna 172 for P3D it the automatically install into P3D, that bit is foolproof, you get only one aircraft per purchase. .....Alan (in despair)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hullo Alan - don't despair just yet; I'm sure we can get you sorted between us. :)

So to summarise: you've got the proper P3D version of the 172 installed in P3D v3.4 with both SimConnect and the latest Accu-Sim update installed too? But your hardware yoke doesn't work on the A2A 172 and instead it controls the trim and flaps?

This definitely sounds like a controller conflict so can you let us know if you use the basic control settings in P3D to assign control axes, or some external software such as FSUIPC or Saitek's own software?

There are also a couple of things you can try. Firstly, check that you don't have any control assignments in the A2A C172 Input Configurator (available from within the Windows Start Menu).

Secondly, make sure you don't set P3D to load the A2A 172 as part of your default flight. (It's best to use a simple default plane like the Baron instead.)

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”