Is this a feature of Accu-sim?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Still Learning
Senior Airman

Is this a feature of Accu-sim?

Post by Still Learning »

Ever since my post about http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=59416 "Another Aircraft Rolls to the Right-With a Twist" and Oracle427 responded, things really improved. My line trail in my flight planner that has a moving map, really straightened out. I've logged 25.0 hours without incident.

Today, 5.15.17, was like déjà vu because, this is how it was when when I first bought my C172 - hard to fly, and she just does not want to cooperate. For instance, my CH Eclipse Yoke is extremely sensitive - all of a sudden. Hmmm. If I turn the yoke a hair to the right, it goes into a full 2 minute turn. I just put the yoke through CH's calibration tool, but unfortunately, the behavior persists.

I've lost my ability to (with the hat switch) move down and see what is going on with the trim wheel. (Is it centered?) Turns out, after lowering my eyepoint (via the keyboard,) to find out... it turns out that it was.

I know you can leave the Maintenance Hanger" and get varying of fitness from them. But this? Is this behavior coded into Accusim?

Just in case you were interested, the only recent system changes are: changing from Firefox to Chrome, and disabling my "Homegroup." I wouldn't think those changes would have any effect of FSX:SE, but I'd thought I'd put it out there just the same. Until today - I hadn't changed my sensitivities/null zones in over a month. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Is this a feature of Accu-sim?

Post by Oracle427 »

If you have inspected the hangar and found no faults with the aircraft then I would ask if you are starting from a saved flight or the recommend default flight using the Trike from Friday Harbor or a known good saved flight.

I have found that sometimes a saved flight will leave things in a bad state and alter the handling of the aircraft.

I have also seen some fellow forum members report that deleting their aircraft .dat files restored normal behavior when all else failed.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Still Learning wrote:I've lost my ability to (with the hat switch) move down and see what is going on with the trim wheel.
The above part of your post is the part I'd concentrate on. If all of a sudden you have opened your sim and lost mappings that is not correct and could certainly point it a controller issue which would result in the behaviour you describe. What has changed on system between it working and not, any new fs add-ons etc? It sounds like you cfg could have been altered in some way or that the yoke itself is being seen as a new controller all over again for some reason. But for sure the controls should not remap or lose mappings all by themselves.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

Thanks for the replies.

As infuriating as it is, to be flying mid-air, with the throttle at 0 (because I just landed in the previous flight,) - I always start up the program up loading the default trike - in mid air. From what I've heard, there's some behind the scenes "housekeeping" that needs to be done, and that's why it's so important to startup with "Friday Harbor."

I don't have any saved flights, because it's all about time speed and distance. At 100 kts, how far are you going to go in an hour? Look at it this way. In a Jet powered a/c I could fly 600 miles in one sitting. I figure that would be approximately 1.5 hours. In my Cessna, I average 100 KTS per hour. So that would take 6 hours. At the very least. That's why I fly 1 hour flights. I can complete the whole flight in one session.

What are the consequences of removing the aircraft.dat file, and where is it located?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I didn't know that the default flight starts in the air. I thought it was on the ground.

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

What will happen if I remove the the above referenced .dat file?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It will get regenerated. If unsure, don't delete it and move it to a different location so you can put it back if the results aren't good.

This will cause the aircraft history to be lost.

In my case the file is located at:

C:\Users\<admin username>\Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna172\C172RLog.dat

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

Well, I saved the .log file off in another file, and deleted the first one. That worked. For a while. Then when I came home, it was up to it's old tricks again. so I deleted that .log file. Unfortunately, No such luck Then I did that 2 more times. Still no luck.

What happened? I still don't have my hat switch so I can see south of the sun guard / glare shield on the instrument panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Still Learning

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

As I said in my post I would concentrate on that mapping loss before anything else.

thanks,
Lewis

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

As I was going through my buttons that I have mapped, (I made a spreadsheet,) as I have 3 controllers, having that reference comes in handy.

At any rate, while I was trying to delete a joystick assignment, and reassign it, the CH Eclipse Yoke's buttons were not being recognized by FSX. i.e. You'd click the button, and that button number would not appear in the corresponding command box...

Would a total reinstall of FSX:SE help, with what ails my sim? (I wouldn't be losing that much, as far as the A2A installation goes.)

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

Type "game controllers" into the search bar in the start menu. A dialog should give you the option of selecting all your various joysticks/controllers. Choose the one which you're having a problem with, and select "properties."

Does this window recognize all your buttons and axis properly? You can check them via pressing or moving the controller, with an indication in the window which will verify the selection or movement.

I would look here before you try a reinstall of FSX. This will indicate if your controller is working properly, with properly configured windows drivers.

Let us know,

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes as Flapman says ignore the 172 and at first ignore FSX as if your mappings are moving around it points more to a hardware issue more than anything else.

thanks,
Lewis

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

Guys:

So sorry for the late reply.

The good news is, my eyepoint lowers and raises. I think what I did, (it was so long ago,) I ran my CH Eclipse through their calibration software, "CH Control Manager," and then I went and re assigned all my settings, cuz they got wiped out. (Perhaps from when I replaced the dat.log,) I think you call it.

At any rate, I went through all of the Settings with a fine tooth comb, looking for conflicts, and just making sure that all the devices were configured and mapped correctly. It took me forever.

The jury is still out as to the performance of the turn coordinator. However, I did play around with the null zone (Aileron/Elevator) so maybe it's about 4 brown lines showing. (versus 0)

I'll report back re: the turn coordinator.

Thanks.

Still Learning

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”