C172 trainer for Prepar3d major issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ethanoost
Airman Basic

C172 trainer for Prepar3d major issue

Post by ethanoost »

Hi
I am running Prepar3d v3 on an i7 (late edition) laptop. All works well with all other aircraft.
I bought the A2A c172 trainer.
Firstly it wouldn't start and I couldn't control the aircraft. I noticed the maintenance hanger showed the plane is practically a write off. Searching the forums I realised I don't have Simconnect installed.
I installed the Simconnect from the redist folder in prepar3d. (Installed the simconnect from the FXS-SP1 and SP2 folders).
Now things do work. I can control the plane and the workshop says my aircraft is OK.
Issue: Since installing simconnect, prepar3d runs super super slow. It "hangs" for 10 seconds, then works for 5 seconds, then hangs again. Each time is hangs, I get a "not responding" in the prepar3d title bar. It only happens with the A2a c172, not with any other aircraft. (I don't have any 3rd party add ons except this c172). Its basically not usable.
I tried reinstalling the entire flight simulator and the A2a c172, no luck.
Any ideas what it may be?
Ethan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 trainer for Prepar3d major issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

I'm not sure what that would be but for sure to check your anti-virus etc to make sure any exceptions are in that would stop those interfering. Also for sim-connect only the fsx sp2 is needed not all of them.

You will want to make sure you add the latest updater here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=57819

And lastly if it persists as a platform issue you might want to post over at the Lockheed P3D forums in case its a known P3D issue.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”