Can't get a proper aircraft (external) view with Ezdok

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Can't get a proper aircraft (external) view with Ezdok

Post by Redglyph »

I'm trying to define views for the C172 with the infamous Ezdok.

First, it seems to put pre-defined views for this aircraft, I don't know where they're coming from. I've tried to delete all *172* files from %PROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\EZCA\db, yet they are coming back.

I deleted the views from the Ezdok GUI, and defined new "aircraft" views, but
- the sound is the same as the internal view, and there are missing bodywork parts (P3D still thinks it's an internal view)
- the key movements are off (left = back, forward = right, ...)

If I use a standard external view in P3D, or a new view, I see the aircraft normally and hear the external sounds normally.

I see no settings whatsoever to force Ezdok to switch to an outside view, normally it should be automatic with the aircraft view. I'm puzzled. And it's only for this aircraft, I never had this with another one (like the 182 for instance).

Has anyone already had this problem? This is so weird.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Can't get a proper aircraft (external) view with Ezdok

Post by Lewis - A2A »

When you installed the aircraft did you run the ezdok config thingy that you need to run after adding an aircraft to the sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Yep, I did. Usually I don't have to, but I remembered about that bit and tried, it made no change though.

Anyway, I'll have to reinstall Ezdok. This on top of the other issues with Ezdok decided me to give Chaseplane a try, but since I can't make it work with TrackIR I'll have to revert to this awful thing ;) Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

So the problem will disappear one way or another.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

They fixed the problem and now TrackIR is fine with Chaseplane.

Rid of Ezdok, at last! \o/

I found something priceless in the Ezdok forums, from the soft's author himself as an answer to a simple question:
customer wrote:Can anyone please tell me where can I get the latest version of EZDOKv1. The file I was given by flight1 is version 1.15 and doesn't work in P3Dv3.
Marniftarr wrote:But folk told that 1.18 is fully sh*t and must die.. 1.18 does not install without shaman drum under moon light. Also need to make magic dance during install. Peoples absolutely right because 1.18 have troubles with working since P3D 3.2 version and developers need to completely remake code. V2 on a 90% remade for P3D latest versions. Cool

What version you need ? 1.18.5 or 1.18.7 ? Send me your email via private message. I will send to you both versions.
Would I buy V2? I'll let you guess :P

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”