Trim Wheel doesn't animate...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Still Learning
Senior Airman

Trim Wheel doesn't animate...

Post by Still Learning »

I've noticed that the trim wheel on the panel doesn't animate when I turn the trim wheel on the Cessna Trim Wheel. Is that normal? The curious thing is, I traveled 48.8nm in 32:xx minutes. So, by and large I was averaging 100 nm. So, I figured it had to be trimmed for 100kts. I just find it confusing with the lack of confirmation from the panel.

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Trim Wheel doesn't animate...

Post by DHenriques_ »

Still Learning wrote:I've noticed that the trim wheel on the panel doesn't animate when I turn the trim wheel on the Cessna Trim Wheel. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
No, not normal.

Check the following;

1. Go to settings in the sim, bring up the trim wheel and scroll down checking for any axis assignments OTHER than the one assigned to "TRIM". Delete every one but the trim assignment. Open the buttons tab for the trim wheel. Delete every button assignment you find assigned to the controller. (NOT the keyboard)
Your trim wheel settings in the sim should show only ONE axis assignment. That should say TRIM. Note that when you assign that axis you might have to scroll quite a bit with the wheel when it says "move the axis to assign it" before you get a solid indicator that the axis was caught and assigned properly.

2. Check every controller you have attached one by one for any trim axis assignments. Delete those if found.
3. Remember, each time you bring up an aircraft to fly, bring up the cockpit THEN scroll the trim wheel in either direction until you hear the driver install. There will be a slight hiccup on the screen. You should then be good to go.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello additional to what Dudley says double check you have advanced animations turned on in the sim settings.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

As it turned out, it was a little bit of everything. What Dudley said, Lewis said, and it wasn't mapped correctly. However I'm pleased to report that it is working now.

Thanks,

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”