A2A Setup Assistance

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bozicknc
Airman Basic

A2A Setup Assistance

Post by bozicknc »

Hi,
Nick here.

I am new to flight simulation and not very computer competent plus I now suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I use to fly so I am familiar with the Cessna C172.

I am running Windows 10, FSX-SE, SPAD.neXt, and FSUIPC along with A2A C172 Trainer, A2A Update, and the A2A FIP Bundle. I have the Saitek Pro Rudders and Yoke, 7 FIPs, the Multi panel, Radio panel, Switch panel, TPM, and Cessna Trim Wheel installed on a Saitek Cockpit Panel.
My hardware seems to be working well.

My airplane is sitting on the runway at KPIE (Clearwater, Florida) in a cold start mode. How it got on the runway and in this mode is beyond me.

I really need some expert A2A assistance and guidance; and have some questions that I am sure the A2A experts can answer for me.

• Is there a way for me to set my plane so I can always bypass services, re-fuel, maintenance, parts wear-out, etc., and just fly the C172 without all of this starting in front of a hanger in cold start mode and doing the flight checks from this point on without a walk-a-round, etc.?

• I would like to be parked near a hanger instead of on the runway so I can select the correct runway based on actual weather conditions at KPIE.

• I would like for my fuel tanks to always be full, oil at current levels and does not need changing, no maintenance required on the aircraft, no services required, no emergency faults added in, no pre-flight aircraft checks, etc.?

So… basically, I want to be able to sit in my cockpit and go through a cold start startup and fly. Maybe later, I will want to add in some of the other things,

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Setup Assistance

Post by Oracle427 »

You can set up the scenario in FSX just as you would do with any other aircraft. Chose the airport and location on the airport to place the aircraft when you launch the simulation.

Fuel and Oil levels must be monitored and added as necessary before every single flight. You will need to use the A2A payload manager screen for that (shift-4). It takes about 10 seconds if you don't wish to monitor W&B.

Damage can be turned off using the shift-3 menu.

Be sure to read through the manual to understand the A2A functionality. It can be found in your Start Menu under A2A.

Also be sure to run the latest updater from the sticky topic above to get the current build of the A2A simulation.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”