C172 - P3Dv3 Crash on Reload

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BSeltz
VIP Partner

C172 - P3Dv3 Crash on Reload

Post by BSeltz »

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this? I can repro on 2 PC's, both have updated P3D & aircraft, one with a completely fresh install.

Repro Steps:

1) Open default P3D flight, change to A2A 172, save flight.
2) Load that saved flight. - Radios are dark even though powered on. Cycling power has no effect.
3) Reload the flight (Cntrl+;) - Radios are now on.
4) Reload the flight again (Cntrl+;) - Crash (black screen (not responding) then message "P3D exe has stopped working")

Any help is appreciated!

Brandon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 - P3Dv3 Crash on Reload

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Brandon,

when you load the saved flight are you trying to make the A2A 172 your default flight?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BSeltz
VIP Partner

Post by BSeltz »

Hi Lewis,

No, I wasn't making it the default flight. We're seeing it in various scenarios/missions.

It was intermittent on one of our dev machines, but now seems to be consistent on both when reloading missions & saved flights.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Brandon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Brandon,

I think its the nature of the beast to some extent unfortunately. If you shut down the sim and then just load the saved flight from the get go what happens?

thanks,
Lewis

BSeltz
VIP Partner

Post by BSeltz »

Regarding the crash, luckily it's more of an issue during scenario development than it will be for an end-user. But do let me know if I can troubleshoot it further.

The radios not being active on first load will become an issue soon though. Is there anything we can do that could resolve that?

Thanks again Lewis.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Brandon,

whats the default flight situation on the system you are using, some settings from default flight will jump in on initialisation and essentially dictate the load for some things, though we do out best to override these.

Is the default flight cold and dark or in the C172 system itself is the aircraft set to load cold and dark with auto cold and dark under the shift + 3 panel?

thanks,
Lewis

BSeltz
VIP Partner

Post by BSeltz »

Good to know. I'm away from my dev machine at the moment, but will check ASAP.

If most of our scenarios start in the air, would you suggest we change our default flight to use the A2A C172 fully configured?

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Keep in mind that fuel and oil consumption, plus wear and tear is managed independently by Accusim. The state of those parameters is not restored and must be adjusted using the Accusim specific screens, else you will eventually ruin out of fuel and oil will go bad.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

BSeltz wrote:Good to know. I'm away from my dev machine at the moment, but will check ASAP.

If most of our scenarios start in the air, would you suggest we change our default flight to use the A2A C172 fully configured?

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated!
Probably best to create a saved scenario that is specifically for the C172. The advice to always start with a default aircraft doesn't mean you can't start with a suitably set up A2A bird, only that you should save it only once it HAS been suitably set up.

BSeltz
VIP Partner

Post by BSeltz »

Thanks for the help everyone.

I saved a default flight with the A2A configured as desired, however when I load it I still didn't get radios. The stack was dark other than the GPS. However, when I turned on Panel Serialization and saved the flight (which creates a .pln), the stack IS powered upon reload. Unfortunately, now I get an error message on load "There was a problem deserializing the panel state while loading a scenario or checkpoint. ... " So not a great solution.

Can anyone verify that they can save a flight in the A2A C172 with a powered radio stack (without panel serialization and the related error)?

I'll continue poking at it and keep the thread updated with any progress.

Thanks again.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

The Panel Serialization state is intended for wholly `in-sim` aircraft using default controls and coding.

With some of the A2A birds programmed outside those parameters, the error message is a small price to pay for otherwise correct functionality. Click through and you re good to go.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”