Rudder and FSUIPC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
skiflyzander
Airman Basic

Rudder and FSUIPC

Post by skiflyzander »

Good afternoon. I Just purchased the 172 last night and have been having a great time with this aircraft despite having little to no control with my saitek rudder pedals. Let me explain a bit. I'm using the 172 in Prepar3d v3 with FSUIPC. FSUIPC, the 172 and Prepar3d are all the most current versions. I calibrate and use all of my flight controls through FSUIPC. I've been troubleshooting this issue for a while so let me explain what I've found.

I have almost no steering control using rudder pedals and brakes whilst on the ground when FSUIPC is handling the rudder inputs. The aircraft doesn't really steer at all and I am unable to taxi normally even after completing a walk around before every flight. I've tried switching axis control between FSUIPC and flight sim to handle the rudder controls and have noticed a huge difference when turning the aircraft, it seems to turn like it should when I enable the controls via the Prepar3d settings. The only problem I have is that you cannot hand axis control directly over to Prepar3d. I'm only able to test this for a short time since there is a conflict between FSUIPC and Prepar3d controls, but it works long enough to prove that FSUIPC cannot handle the rudder controls properly.

Am I completely missing something here with the way I have FSUIPC set up? Any help would be appreciated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Rudder and FSUIPC

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello skiflyzander,

Apologies - it looks like we overlooked your post for a few weeks. :oops:

If your issue is still unresolved, FSUIPC shouldn't present any problem in terms of using rudder pedals. Many of use, myself included, use FSUIPC for this purpose with no apparent problems. Rudder inputs alone can be used for turns on the ground for the the most part, though for tight turns on narrow taxiways, I do sometimes find myself using taps of the toe brakes too.

Can you let us know exactly what settings you use for the rudders/toe brakes in FSUIPC if you still need help? Once comments of yours which puzzles me slightly is "the only problem I have is that you cannot hand axis control directly over to Prepar3d".

Thanks and sorry for the slow reply!
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”