Can't Fly Plane Banks Into Ground

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Jgaffney225
Airman

Can't Fly Plane Banks Into Ground

Post by Jgaffney225 »

I've read a lot of posts about the left turning tendencies. I fly a real 172 so I know how they feel. My a2a 172 banks so hard to the left tha after takeoff it banks into the ground. I tried centering the aelerons and rudder. I tried other planes and they don't have this extreme left turning bank, so it's not the controller. The 172 worked fine for many days and it seemed to start this behavior after I installed the accusim expansion. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 172 with no luck. There is no uninstaller listed for the accusim expansion. Please help. I want to fly this beautiful 172.

John

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Can't Fly Plane Banks Into Ground

Post by Scott - A2A »

John you may have flown many 172's, but unless you have actually done flight tests, when comparing real airplanes to a simulated airplane, that doesn't help much.

First, no two 172's are the same, and we based our model on three rentable 172's in our area. Next time you are in a 172, get into a cruise, then take your hand off the yoke. And remember to not touch the yoke at all. Then start playing with the power. You will see some stuff you never knew existed, because as a pilot, you do many things subconsciously (in this case, keep the plane flying level). Trust me, you will have an awakening once you actually start doing controlled flight testing.

One thing for certain, is it's only at a very specific power setting and speed that a 172 (or most airplanes) will fly straight.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello John,

In troubleshooting terms, have you installed the latest Accu-Sim update?

There's no separate Accu-Sim expansion for the 172; instead it's part of the base installer so perhaps installing the Accu-Sim update is what you mean? (Or are you referring to Accu-Feel instead?)

In any case, something you should check if you haven't already is the state of the aircraft in the maintenance hangar (shift + 7). It's possible a defect such as a jammed aileron hinge could explain the behaviour you describe.

Cheers,
Nick

Jgaffney225
Airman

Can't Takeoff

Post by Jgaffney225 »

Dear A2A,

I own the 172 & 182. When I take off in both they violently roll to the left crashing in the ground. I have the latest accusim update. How do I fix this?

John

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Can't Takeoff

Post by Tug002 »

I had that problem once and found out that some how my joystick configuration had gotten messed up. It is worth a look to see if all is well there. Hope this helps you out. You may want to have a look in F7 to see if all is well in your maintenance hanger too.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Jgaffney225
Airman

Refund

Post by Jgaffney225 »

I purchased the 172 and 182 and would like a refund on both. On my system immediately after takeoff they both violently roll left and crash. This doesn't happen with other planes. The products are beautiful but they won't work correctly on my system and I've tried everything to fix it. Please let me know how to get a refund for both.

Thanks,
John Gaffney
[email protected]

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Refund

Post by mallcott »

Jgaffney225 wrote:I purchased the 172 and 182 and would like a refund on both. On my system immediately after takeoff they both violently roll left and crash. This doesn't happen with other planes. The products are beautiful but they won't work correctly on my system and I've tried everything to fix it. Please let me know how to get a refund for both.

Thanks,
John Gaffney
[email protected]
So, you're no longer pursuing a solution per your other topic? It seems we are still awaiting your response `over there`, but we can forget about it if this is the path you are taking.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

John,

Yes - you've already started two other posts in reference to this, but you haven't responded to the suggestions people have made.

Did you read the responses to your first post here?

Thanks,
Nick

Jgaffney225
Airman

Post by Jgaffney225 »

Thanks Scott and Nick. I'm aware of the left turning tendencies at different power settetings but I can't takeoff without violently rolling and crashing. I did check the maintanence hanger.

John

Jgaffney225
Airman

Post by Jgaffney225 »

I did respond and tried the suggestions made but still am having the same problems. I can't takeoff without crashing. If I Start with the plane in the air it is ok. I would like a refund for the 172 and 182.

Thanks,
John

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Jgaffney225 wrote:Thanks Scott and Nick. I'm aware of the left turning tendencies at different power settetings but I can't takeoff without violently rolling and crashing. I did check the maintanence hanger.

John
Not sure why you choose to reply after you request your refunds? http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=59159

7.19 am versus 5.28pm? What gives?

Besides you haven't provided even the most basic of info on your sim and hardware setup, you seem intent to ignore requests about whether you installed the Update and we had no idea how you calibrate your controls?

As this is NOT how to go about asking for assistance, I guess we should presume you no longer have any interest in a reply.

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Post by RageShade1 »

This has to be some sort of system/user/controller error, ive put quite a few hours on my aircraft without a hitch.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

If you can fly them once airborne, but are struggling to takeoff then I would venture a guess that you are stalling on takeoff. Is the stall horn sounding as the airplane rolls over?

What happens if you take off with 10 degrees of flaps?

What about allowing the aircraft to climb at a lower pitch angle?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Jgaffney225
Airman

Post by Jgaffney225 »

I tried all those things with no luck. I'm sure I'm taking off properly I do it in real life almost everyday. Thanks for the suggestions though.
John

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I fly both regularly IRL as well, in fact flew both types today, and I have no issues with the sim. Something simple must be awry here with the setup. Even if it doesn't help you in the end, it may help others. So...

Are you hearing the stall horn as the airplane rolls after liftoff? As a pilot how would you describe what is happening? Does the airplane pick up the wing if you apply more rudder instead of using aileron?

What screen are you using to load the aircraft? Do you use the Shift-4 menu or the FSX weight and balance screen? You can not use the FSX screen as it is incompatible with Accusim and will cause handling problems.

If the aircraft responds normally to control input at cruise speed what happens as you show down to slow flight? Can you maintain control in slow flight? What happens if you enter power on and power off stalls?

The other very important point is to apply the updates before going any further. The download is version 1. It must be updated to get the latest version of the product. There were many improvements made to the product. The updater is available from the sticky topic at the top of the forum.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”