Simply Flying

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Defreitj
Airman Basic

Simply Flying

Post by Defreitj »

Good Day to all! I purchased the a2a c172 in march 2015. Since then I have never been able to get airborne. (Short of jumping off my condo roof) This software was highly recommended by a most reliable source in whom there exists a level of decency and integrity that allowed me to ignore the challenges of flight. However, two years of trial and error is sufficient for failure. I have never requested help from you before and I cannot blame the technology nor my ineptitude or stupidity any further. There is no 2D F10 cockpit. The virtual cockpit presents such large views, only three instruments are visible and in the F9 view the instruments are too small to clearly identify the elements. Albeit, I have only 8GB RAM, I have adjusted the resolution to 1920 * 1080, to no avail. Over all this time I have tried and exhausted my porous vault of "trythis/trythat" within the FSX settings. Nothing seems to work. Can you provide any assistance, please? Thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding.
jd

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Simply Flying

Post by Oracle427 »

What do you need help with exactly? Do you want help with graphics settings first and foremost?

Is the sim otherwise working well? It isn't absolutely essential to be able to see the instruments to do basic VFR flying and to confirm that the simulator functions, but it isn't clear if the only issue you face is graphics quality.

To optimize the graphics you will need to use a tool such as Nvidia Inspector. Do you have a Nvidia graphics card? Better yet, what are your system specs?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Simply Flying

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

it sounds like the issues you are having are with the base functions of the platform sim itself, be it FSX or P3D. W e recommend getting to grips with the basic sim platform, its keys and function prior to adding our aircraft to it. For example a lot of what you mention is solved using the basic sim view keys, from - and + to zoom in and out and the a and s keys to move views and view sub types.

Can you let us know what hardware you are using so we can better advise on how to set your sim up.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”