P3D and Saitek panels

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dleonard5
Airman Basic

P3D and Saitek panels

Post by dleonard5 »

Hi,
I have recently purchased and updated P3d along with installing Saitek drivers and A2A C172. I have the radio, AP, and Eclipse yoke installed.
The radio and AP come up about half of the time. When they don't come up a reload of P3D is the only thing that will fix it.

The trim wheel on the yoke is useless. The one on the AP panel works about the same. The keypad number (1 and 7?) seem to work but are not natural of course. I prefer to use the wheel and hopefully I can hook up my Cessna trim wheel and get it working. I've not tried because it will likely behave the same as the yoke wheel.

I've attempted adjusting elevator_trim_effectiveness in the airplane.cfg file for the C172 with values up to 1500 with no noticable effect.

The backlight on the AP has come on but never any digits no matter the knob position. The buttons and AP seem to work in heading mode using the bug. Not sure about coupled yet.

Anyone have other ideas? I've read SPAD.next is recommended for Saitek panels. Is this still the recommendation?

Thanks for any assistance!
Don

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”