Can't test flaps, rudder, or undo tiedowns in preflight

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
whitemontecarlo
Airman Basic

Can't test flaps, rudder, or undo tiedowns in preflight

Post by whitemontecarlo »

Running fsx steam edition on windows 10 with an intel core i5-6200 cpu 64 bit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice all while rebooting my computer, but no matter what I do, the pre flight function for the c172r is not working correctly. I can't undo the rear tie down or physically check the flaps and rudder. Sometimes I also cannot replace the control lock. I am trying to simulate checking the plane over and going through all the processes I can every time I play fsx, but these little bugs and glitches are driving me crazy, especially for how much this software costs.
It should also be noted that I did try bringing it to the hanger and conducting a complete overhaul as well as resetting the plane to brand new status all on top of reinstalling the software. Not sure if I just need to manually uninstall something after conducting the standard uninstall through control panel or if I'm just missing something obvious or what.
This is also my first time on a message board ever so if I am misusing it in anyway, please feel free to say so. Gotta learn somehow.
Anyone's help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Can't test flaps, rudder, or undo tiedowns in preflight

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

first thing to always check is if you have run the latest Updater to get all updated;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=57819

And then for your issue after you are all updated to make sure your sim settings are correct. From the sounds of it you dont have advanced animations turned on in your sim settings. The requirements are at the beginning of the manual found under your start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations (will vary slightly dependant on OS).

thanks and welcome,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”