Aileron sensitivity

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dancemad2
Airman Basic

Aileron sensitivity

Post by dancemad2 »

Hey folks,
Is there any .cfg adjustments I can make to get the aileron sensitivities more like the C182 (which is perfect) The 172 is somewhat 'course' and hard to hit the 'ground effect' smoothly.

Running P3D v3 (most current), Saitek Pros (current drivers), Windows 10

Thanks all
Michael

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aileron sensitivity

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the C172 is a lot lighter and really will be very different on the controls. The 182 flys like a much heavier aircraft so if you want a 172 to fly like a 182 you'll be wanting to load up the 182.

Our Accu-sim C172 Trainer is modelled after the C172R we took through our test programme during test flying and the Accu-sim C182 simulation is modelled after the C182T we test flew. One thing to note though is that control settings themselves can make a giant difference. Eg;

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=47744

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Michael,

Just to add to Lewis's comments, have you also run the Accu-Sim updater (available here) since installing the 172 and 182? A2A have made lots of changes to the Skyhawk flight model since it was released a few years ago, including to elevator response. (In fact, I wonder if you meant elevator sensitivity rather than aileron sensitivity? this is the one that folks sometimes complain about.)

The installer downloaded at purchase won't incorporate many of these changes.

Thanks,
Nick

dancemad2
Airman Basic

Post by dancemad2 »

Actually, yes it was elevator and NOT aileron. My apologies on that. I would imagine your responses will remain the same as I have updated to resolve this. I also understand the weight factor of the two. So I will continue to work on the adjustments. Thanks guys

Michael

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”