Some parts of plane not visible

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
oakl
Airman Basic

Some parts of plane not visible

Post by oakl »

Occasionally I get a problem where some parts of the plane is not drawn.

Take a look at the attached pictures.

Any idea what can be causing this?

P3D 3.4, Win 10, GTX1080

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5PJix ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5PJix ... sp=sharing

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Some parts of plane not visible

Post by Caldemeyn »

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi and welcome to the forums,

You can review this General Troubleshooting thread for C172 as a a start:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35640

Check first, if you have your "Advanced animations" - enabled in P3D.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

oakl
Airman Basic

Post by oakl »

Hi, thanks for the reply. But I'm not using EZCA, so it cannot be that I think.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

oakl wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply. But I'm not using EZCA, so it cannot be that I think.
Hi,

General Troubleshooting FAQ, gives initial troubleshooting steps for all A2A models and does not incorporate only EZCA.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

What addons do you have installed ? Any mods/addons messing with cameras ? Maybe you had ezdok earlier and it changed camera definitions permanently (its known to do that)? You say its occasional, can you reproduce it at will ?

Are you patched ? Are the settings in the sim as per added manual ? Is simconnect installed ? Maybe the installation is in the default folder and permissions are a problem

The problem here looks like the model meant for the virtual cockpit loads with the external camera instead of the correct one...hmm

oakl
Airman Basic

Post by oakl »

LZ-WIL wrote:
oakl wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply. But I'm not using EZCA, so it cannot be that I think.
Hi,

General Troubleshooting FAQ, gives initial troubleshooting steps for all A2A models and does not incorporate only EZCA.

Cheerz,
Will
Hi, yes sorry. I noticed your post after I wrote my answer which was to the previous poster.

oakl
Airman Basic

Post by oakl »

Caldemeyn wrote:What addons do you have installed ?
Some sceneries, like ORBX Norway and Norwegian airports
Caldemeyn wrote:Any mods/addons messing with cameras ? Maybe you had ezdok earlier and it changed camera definitions permanently (its known to do that)? You say its occasional, can you reproduce it at will ?
I have a triple screen setup where I have defined a view fulcrum for each. Never had ezdok. The time I have spent with the sim so far have mostly been in the cockpit so I have not investigated much, but the problem seems to be there mostly, but not always. I have also noticed that sometimes the view gets completely screwed up when trying to to pre-flight check. Example if I am clicking on the tail inspection I might get a strange view from inside cockpit looking out the left wing or. When cycling views after this happens nothing seems correct and some views have10x zoom etc. But it is not always like this.
Caldemeyn wrote:Are you patched ? Are the settings in the sim as per added manual ? Is simconnect installed ? Maybe the installation is in the default folder and permissions are a problem
Not sure about P3D, but I downloaded 3.4 about two months ago. I patched the C172 yesterday. BTW! Now I actually notice an error message when starting P3D. Don't think I have seen that one before. Yellow text on green background at top of screen "Microsoft Flight Simulator X SimConnect Error has been detected, restarting connection". And force feedback on my Microsoft Force Feedback 2 seems to be not working anymore.

Yes the installation IS in the default folder. I have discovered recently that it is not recommended. Maybe that is the problem actually?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5PJi ... nVXRDVBMWs
Last edited by oakl on 01 Feb 2017, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

oakl
Airman Basic

Post by oakl »

LZ-WIL wrote: Check first, if you have your "Advanced animations" - enabled in P3D.
Cheerz,
Will
I am looking and looking, but can't seems to find that setting anywhere.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Advanced animations tab i believe is only present in FSX

Maybe try a process of elimination, for example try to start the sim on one screen and check the sim (this might be the culprit), reinstall simconnect clients from redist folder in the sim ( i personally have three versions installed: rtm, sp1, xpack) try to unplug any hardware that potentially could have some assignment for views (it can send some signals unknowingly to you), check button and axis assignments for all hardware (there can be some phantom ones present) check all of this one at a time to be sure. This way you will be able to pinpoint what messes things up.

Maybe delete p3d.cfg (it will rebuild itself) and a2a accusim dat files (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\A2A)

If all fails you can always start fresh in a different sim location (best to have a dedicated partition or even drive, an ssd best), but always remember to clean all signs of the sim and addons.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

oakl wrote:
LZ-WIL wrote: Check first, if you have your "Advanced animations" - enabled in P3D.
Cheerz,
Will
I am looking and looking, but can't seems to find that setting anywhere.
Hi,

I apologize for misleading you, it seems from certain version on P3D has no longer this option like FSX.
Let us know what you have tried so far and do you still experience the issue with partly visible plane.

Cheerz,
Will

oakl
Airman Basic

Post by oakl »

I am now pretty sure this is related to the viewgroup somehow. The problem is only apparent when activating the the viewgroup. If I run a single screen then everything is ok. This is repeatable

But what can be wrong with the viewgroup to cause such an error?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just reminds me of the effect you get if zooming in to close, but at that distance it should not cause that.
regards alan. 8)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Here are few tips to be suggested, unless you have tried them already.

Install the latest updater found here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=57819

Reinstall the required DirectX version.

Reinstall Simconnect.

Cheerz,
Will

oakl
Airman Basic

Post by oakl »

I tried all the tips without success.

Since the problem only was apparent when using 3-screen defined view group, and I was not happy with the smoothness when running three views anyway I opted for an alternative solution: I ditched the 3-monitor setup and is now using a 55 inch 4k curved LCD TV instead. Tripled the framerate and no graphics problems anymore.

However I have one issue. Since the picture is now bigger I have to zoom Out to about 0.3 in the virtual cockpit view. That is fine, but the other view when doing walk-around etc is too much zoomed in. Is there a way to fix this? Set up a single view frustum maybe?

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”