Before buying- few questions

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nimrodnaim
Airman Basic

Before buying- few questions

Post by nimrodnaim »

Hello my name is Nimrod.
I am interested in buying the c172 for fsx. but I have questions:
1. How do I properly install it? I heard that there is one good way.

2. Is there is problem with trim on takeoff? I saw that pepole had the c172 auto takeoff on about 50 knots, I saw one comment that you should put the trim wheel on the K letter but it seems unrealistic.
Sorry for bad English..

Thanks!

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Before buying- few questions

Post by Caldemeyn »

People most often have problems with installation in Prepar3d becouse of correct simconnect version not being installed earlier ( the program which lets addons interface with the simulation in a big short)

They are available in both sims in the redist folder, i believe. In fsx you shouldn't have a problem becouse most of the time the installation is automatic
(Steam or box ?)

After you install the plane, you have to run the current update https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=57819
ALWAYS run the updater after installing an A2A plane.

Set things in the sim according to the added manual.

The plane here exhibits a realistic behavior for this model of a cessna, it will take off by itself at more or less 60 knots with the trim set to neutral, even without the flaps, depending of course on weight, balance, etc. After take off you will have to push the yoke quite a bit to obtain a constant climb angle and then trim down to relieve the pressure

After all of that, look here https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=47744

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Nimrod - welcome to the forums.

Just to add to Caldemeyn's advice, it's also worth noting that the aircraft's pitch behaviour during take-off will depend on whether you have the default propeller fitted, or the optional 'S equivalent' prop which gives an extra 20hp. With the more powerful S equivalent prop, the 172 will tend to pitch up more readily, so a take-off trim setting which is slightly nose down may be beneficial. This is where setting it at the 'K' may be appropriate depending on weight and balance.

The prop can be swapped in the maintenance hangar (shift 8 ).

Cheers,
Nick

nimrodnaim
Airman Basic

Post by nimrodnaim »

Thanks!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Real C172's will lift off at around 60KIAS without any action from the pilot when the trim is set to the takeoff position. A Cherokee, on the other hand, needs one to positively pitch the nose up for it to lift off.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”