Controls Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
andrewayad
Airman

Controls Issue

Post by andrewayad »

I setup my controls for the A2A C172 Trainer inside FSX without using FSUIPC. I have sensitivity all the way on full and Null Zones are all the way to the left in FSX. I am using a CH yoke and CH Rudder Pedals. The yoke in the actual simulator is not centered when my physical hardware is centered. This is giving me a tough time controlling roll in FSX.
Andrew Ayad

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Controls Issue

Post by Oracle427 »

Try to recalibrate your controls, this needs to be done from time to time.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Andrew,

Do you use CHManager? It can be used instead of FSX itself to calibrate your yoke and pedals.

Marv

andrewayad
Airman

Post by andrewayad »

I just plugged in my CH yoke and FSX picked it up instantly. I just assigned the buttons on the yoke to controls in fsx such as autopilot disconnect and elevator trim etc. The yoke in the aircraft isn't centered.
Andrew Ayad

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Recalibration is a different task from plugging it in. Recalibration allows the computer to set the center position and limits of travel so that the input device is able to operate correctly. Without that, the computer just makes a best guess and over time this can and does change so regular recalibration is helpful. Every time I find the aircraft is flying a bit off, I usually discover that my joystick is out of calibration.

andrewayad
Airman

Post by andrewayad »

How may I calibrate the yoke just through FSX. I do not have a paid version of FSUIPC.
Andrew Ayad

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I don't have a yoke, so your process may be different.

You should be able to go to your devices control panel, then right click and select settings for your yoke and then navigate to the calibration options.

See Post #8 in this thread.
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthrea ... ng-CH-yoke

andrewayad
Airman

Post by andrewayad »

And one more thing, I plug in my Saitek Throttle Quadrant and fire up FSX and in the controls menu, FSX doesn't detect the TQ.
Andrew Ayad

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

http://www.chproducts.com/13-29170-Down ... munity.php

Link to the CH Control Manager. I use it to calibrate my CH yoke, pedals, and Throttle quad. When calibrated, then you can assign axis, and button assignments through FSX.

andrewayad
Airman

Post by andrewayad »

Just to understand, I just calibrate the yoke through the CH Manager software and assign buttons through FSX or buttons are also assigned through the software mentioned?
Andrew Ayad

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Correct, calibrate only. Buttons/axis still need to be assigned through FSX, IF, you are not using FSUIPC.

andrewayad
Airman

Post by andrewayad »

Okay! I'll try calibrating it and see what happens. I'll let you know if I encounter trouble again.
Andrew Ayad

andrewayad
Airman

Post by andrewayad »

I caibrated my yoke through the ch manager and seems like it worked. When I was calibrating it, the dot in the squares when it asks u to move the yoke to its full extent wasn't exactly centered on the two lines in the center of the box. Is ths fine? How may I calibrate my Saitek TQ?
Andrew Ayad

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

I use a Ch yoke without the CH manager, only the sens and null in the sim. I just set up some small null zones for both pitch and roll so that the yoke will always be centered in the cockpit. This is the cost of having a smooth action and not having a center detent like in the saitek. I much prefer it this way :)

I see it as having some slack in the linkages between the yoke and the controls, which isn't unrealistic for some planes.

Of course, sens is set to the max.

Also try to use this wheel on the left side of the yoke to set the hardware potentiometer where it has to be to be centered. The slack of the centering spring can be then filtered with the null zone.

If i needed to calibrate it ( which didn't happen in quite a while) , then i just used the windows calibration tool, most of the time i just clicked restore the default setting

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

On the second tab after you calibrate your yoke, I have my dead zones set to 5 I think. Keep it as small as possible. In the sim, I have the sensitivity set to full or one click off of full. Null zone at zero as the ch manager takes that over.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”