Left Toe Brake Not Working on C172 and C182

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SDpilot
Airman

Left Toe Brake Not Working on C172 and C182

Post by SDpilot »

Application of left hardware toe brake does not result in any braking action in FSX. Instead it causes full nose up trim on application followed by full nose down trim on release. This not happen with the any of my other aircraft including the A2A Cherokee 180. I only found this problem after experiencing many exciting takeoffs with sudden unexpected trim changes. How weird!!

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Re: Left Toe Brake Not Working on C172 and C182

Post by Welsch »

How do you map the toe brake axis? And do you also have an axis mapped for the elevator trim?
I had some interesting input device mixups on my new Win10/FSX:SE setup when I tried to map the trim wheel with A2A's configurator.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Welsch wrote:I had some interesting input device mixups on my new Win10/FSX:SE setup when I tried to map the trim wheel with A2A's configurator.
Yes, have you checked to make sure your left toe-brake axis isn't assigned to elevator trim in the A2A Cherokee Input Configurator SDpilot? That would certainly explain the symptoms you describe.

Cheers,
Nick

SDpilot
Airman

Post by SDpilot »

Thank you both. The problem was with the input configuration for the both the 172 and 182. Somehow elevator trim was assigned to the hardware rudder pedals. Changing the assignment to either the saitek trim wheel or disabling the assignment altogether was the cure.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”