SOLVED-C172-Cannot Adjust EyePoint w Keyboard TrackIR

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RMM
Airman First Class

SOLVED-C172-Cannot Adjust EyePoint w Keyboard TrackIR

Post by RMM »

Hello Everyone..
Thanks to expert help from Lewis and others, my reinstallation of P3D and the A2A C172 Trainer is complete and working fine.
Today I installed my Track IR on my Samsung 60" LED 4K TV.

BUT...
Adjusting the EyePoint from the Keyboard [Shift + Enter] & [Shift + Backspace] causes the panel to jump up and down a little, but the Eyepoint remains the same.
I know how to adjust the default in the .cfg files. My RW CFI says that I should see the front lip of the cowling.

Is Track IR messing with this setting function? Seems to get the front edge of the cowling in view, I will need to adjust the angle of view. Tweaking camera.cfg & aircraft.cfg & panel.cfg seems like a lot of work just to raise the seat as per the thread on Changing the Default Virtual Cockpit View here

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41428

EDIT.. I just now did the obvious. Shut Down and restarted P3D without TrackIR running. The default view for the C172 is perfect without Track IR.
How to duplicate that exact same view with Track IR up and running?
Why does Track IR take over the eyepoint setting via keyboard? (Off now to search the internet again.)

SOLVED..
The problem is due to FSX changing after FS9 and Track IR remaining the same. The FIX is easy and as the source put it "cheesy".
With the Track IR screen open, I hunker down about 3 degrees directly down on the Vertical Center Line. Then hit the F12 Key to force Track IR to re-center.
Done. Once I sit back up Track IR thinks I have lifted myself up off the seat. The view looks just right.

Regarding the Keyboard problem. Really does not matter now. Too easy to adjust for anyone on my sim that is a different height.

thanks
RMM

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”