Transition to the 2D view glitch

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gege21
Senior Airman

Transition to the 2D view glitch

Post by gege21 »

Hello, after consulting the troubleshooting thread I didn't found about what I get as trouble (not very important but annoying)

I run the C172 trainer on FSX steam edition (works very well) but when I'm on the virtual cockpit view (key F9) and move to the outside forward virtual view (right now I don't remember what key is binded (I believe that's F2 or F10 key) or changing the view with shift + A keys to look forward on the outside I get no more sounds of the aircraft engine and plus almost of the mini menus pops up overlayed like the "Pause mini menu" + "the map mini menu" + "the radios sketch mini menu" all these three over layed and at the same time. This not happens switching to others views.

Could you advice me some way to avoid this happening. I'm overall annoyed by these three mini menus witch pop up all three at the same time on this particular view. Indeed I can close all these mini menus closing them one at a time 1 after 1, but does it exist another manner to prevent these menus appearing as soon as I switch to the virtual forward outside view ?

Have you experienced the same thing cause something could be wrong on my side.

Thank you very much for your help and advices

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Transition to the 2D view glitch

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for the view change you will want to be using A and S. S changes the view and A cycles the sub-views. What are you trying to achieve?

If you need the view empty for cockpit simpit etc you can use the cockpit builders thread to learn how to edit the cfg to remove the VC for simpit builds etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Ok hello LEWIS,

I believe I haven't good explained (sorry for my so bad English).

Simply when I'm in the 3D virtual cockpit view and switch for the first time to the 3D cockpit view (using the SHIFT+A keys), all the 2D stuffs like "menu pause", "Payload management", "Map", and "radio quick menu" pop up all at the same time on this cockpit view. I can close each all of them but is there a way to prevent these 2D quick stuffs appearing all at the same time on this cockpit view the first time I use this cockpit view. As after closing these 2D stuffs when I come back to the cockpit view they never (the 2D stuffs) come up again; simply if I want to use them I use SHIFT+3 or others number to call each individually 2D stuffs like the Map or Radio quick menu or also the payload management or the pause menu.

Am I been sufficient clear or would you like a screenshot to see what I get as soon as I use for the first time the 3D cockpit view (not the 3D virtual cockpit view just the precedent using SHIFT+A Keys).

Otherwise I know how to use the combination keys to switch to different view. The one I get the glitch with 2D stuff like Radio quick menu, Map, Payload, and pause menu is named "cockpit view" looking at the red info at the right hand high corner of my screen.

If you have some suggestion I really appreciated it.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

that's how its suppose to be the main view you should be using is the VC and then cycle using the a key within that view if wanted.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gerard,

Something sounds a little odd from your description. It may be worth making sure that "3-D virtual cockpit" is selected as the default cockpit view in the aircraft tab of the FSX display settings.

Are you using any add-on software (e.g. EZdok) which can control view settings inside FSX?

Cheers,
Nick

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello Nick and Lewis,

I went to verify and yes my default view is well checked as 3D virtual cockpit view on the aircraft tab in FSX options.

I made two screenshots on what I get.

1- Just beginning a flight with the 3D Virtual cockpit view at standstill.

2- Then as soon as I switch to the 3D Cockpit view, many 2D windows views come up at the same time like the 2D windows view Quick radio menu, The pause menu, the Map and hidden by the Map the payload and fuel management view.

Indeed I can close all these 2D views windows and after that I can switch between the 3D virtual cockpit view and the 3D cockpit view then these 2D windows views doesn't appear untill I use SHIFT+ the dedicated number to get again each of these helper views.

I hope it is much clear now

I just wished to don't have these helper windows popping up as soon as I switch to the 3D cockpit view from the 3D virtual cockpit view.

For infos I never used EZdock just my Track IR and his software running in background. As addons apart A2A Piper J-3 Cub and this C172 trainer and ORBX Global, FTX Landclass and FTX Vectors I don't use any more addons just the vanilla FSX Steam edition.

Cheers
Gerard,

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi Gerard,

My apologies if I miss understand your issue.

Your second screen shot above is the default view, including the 2D panels shown, when selecting an A2A aircraft from the FSX menus and pressing F10 or selecting using the A key. If you want a different set of 2D panels, or no 2D panels, set the view up the way you want it and save the flight. The next time you load that flight, the 2D panels you selected will be on the screen. They will be overlapping and with have to be moved to where you want them.

Be aware that when you save the flight you should not save it as your default flight. It is recommended to always start FSX using a stock FSX aircraft as the default flight. After that flight loads, you can load any of your saved flights.

I hope this makes sense.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Ah very well @renaissanceman,

I never mind to save my flight with the 2D panels out of my view and reload this saved flight... And yes I'm aware to don't set my saved A2A flight as the default flight for FSX.

I'm going to follow your advice and hope that's work.

And no you have perfectly understood what I get and what I expect as view without 2D panels on the 3D cockpit view starting a flight on the 3D virtual cockpit view (that's I want) but switching (A key or SHIFT+A keys) I wish the 2D panels not popping up all overlayed on the 3D cockpit view I just wish the single 3D cockpit view without these 2D panels displayed.

I give it a try and report how is working... Thank you very much for the tip

Cheers
Gerard

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

renaissanceman wrote:Hi Gerard,

My apologies if I miss understand your issue.

Your second screen shot above is the default view, including the 2D panels shown, when selecting an A2A aircraft from the FSX menus and pressing F10 or selecting using the A key. If you want a different set of 2D panels, or no 2D panels, set the view up the way you want it and save the flight. The next time you load that flight, the 2D panels you selected will be on the screen. They will be overlapping and with have to be moved to where you want them.

Be aware that when you save the flight you should not save it as your default flight. It is recommended to always start FSX using a stock FSX aircraft as the default flight. After that flight loads, you can load any of your saved flights.

I hope this makes sense.

Jim
I'm back, Jim your simple tip works like a charm...Set up the 2D panels all closed and out of the 3D cockpit view then saved the flight and reloading this flight whatever time I start FSX, switching to the 3D cockpit view shows no more these 2D panels... That's all I wished.

Thank you very much as this subject is solved now for me.

ALL the best for the coming Christmas holidays...

Cheers
Gerard

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

You're welcome Gerard. I'm happy that worked for you... :D

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”