Beacon light only works with Taxi or Landing lights on

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
mike0927
Airman

Re: Beacon light only works with Taxi or Landing lights on

Post by mike0927 »

mike0927 wrote:
alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Mike.
It is definatly not the cfg file , my cfg file is exactly the same as yours , have you got in your FSX SE settings page advanced animations ticked if not do so, hopefully someone who has FSX SE can enlighten you better , incase its a fault of the sim , another thing to check , do you have DX10 ticked , if so untick this , unless you have the DX10 fixer installed , as this can cause problems.
regards alan. 8)

THAT DID IT!!! Unchecked DX10 Preview, lens flare, light bloom. just have advanced animations. I think it was the DX10. I just hope my progressive taxi works now. I'm going to try messing with other settings besides DX10 to see if that was it or something else. I think that was it though. Everything is working as it should.

Also, the Light Bloom setting on the display page was causing my nav lights to strobe with my strobe lights. Add the taxi or landing light and it dims the nav lights. might be close to real but it cause my nav lights to strobe with the strobe lights. I must got some add ons for the scenery and the lights. it must be conflicting with the games settings. Whatever! Its working now. Both day and night time.....joy... now to get this thing started without killing the starter. Thanks everyone. The Cessna 172 needs a towbar. please.....

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Beacon light only works with Taxi or Landing lights on

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Mike.
Glad you seem to be getting it working , these things can be very frustrating , but most are simple to fix , i have flown the C172 around to world , all flights where recorded at the time , and they where also flown on the Vatsim network , it took me 3 months start to finish , just keep her maintained and she will reward you .
But be warned , do not fly higher than 13000ft , as A2A simulate hypoxia , the screen will just go black , as the pilot passes out.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”