a2a c172 trainer wont open! First time sim buyer

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
brazier92
Airman Basic

a2a c172 trainer wont open! First time sim buyer

Post by brazier92 »

Ive never bought anything sim related ever. First time buying C172 trainer or any type of sim for that matter. Completed initial download but it just left me with a bunch of files that don't go anywhere on my laptop. Did I not buy the right sim? am I supposed to buy another product to make this sim work? Can I get a refund?? Is there someone that can talk me through the downloading process?? Need Help ASAP! thank you!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: a2a c172 trainer wont open! First time sim buyer

Post by Jacques »

It almost sounds as if you may have purchased the 172 without a platform in which to run the aircraft. Do you have a copy of FSX, FSX (Steam Edition), or P3D running on your laptop?

brazier92
Airman Basic

Post by brazier92 »

@Jacques I don't even know what that is. That does however sound important. where would I get this platform? which one is required to run a2a? Thank you for the fast response!

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

A2A products are not simulators themselves. They are intended as expansions for flight simulators. To use them, you have to buy either Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D. To recommend the sim that suits you best, we have to know what exact version of A2A C172 you bought, as the product is different for FSX and P3D.

brazier92
Airman Basic

Post by brazier92 »

@ilya1502, I wish i would have known that before hand :/.

I got A2A ACUU sim C172 trainer (FSX)

At the bottom of the page product, now that it think about it, it does say developed for Microsoft Flight Sim X. Don't know what I was thinking! Once I buy Flight Sim X do I just download everything like normal? thank you All!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Its not a big issue, and easily addressed! For simplicitys sake, I would suggest looking into the Steam Edition of FSX, since it is easy to download and install, and being up-dated and supported. Microsoft FSX is something you would need to purchase second-hand, as it is no longer being published. It also comes with quirks and bugs you would need to address before actuallyy installing and flying your new aircraft! P3D, by Lockheed Martin is something you may consider down the road. For now, since you have the 172 for FSX, Steam version will be your best value. Here's a link, I hope directly to FSX. And, don't worry if you're unfamiliar with Steam...it is completely legitimate!

link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Do you have any hardware also, like a yoke or joystick etc?

The C172 Trainer you have purchased does require some basic knowledge of the base platform in this case FSX in order to use. I would recommend getting FSX and first getting yourself use to the simulation prior to jumping in head first with the C172 Trainer. The forums here are great for helping so the questions that'll be coming please just fire away. For general sim questions i'd recommend the pilots lounge forum at the top. If you let us know what you want to get out of your experience, ie for training or as a hobbyist the advice can be tailored to suit your exact needs.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

brazier92
Airman Basic

Post by brazier92 »

@jaques @lewis

Thank you guys so mush you guys are the best.
I did buy CH pro pedals and CH flight sim yoke, are those OK to use with this sim?
I'm looking for help landing real world, I'm not sure how well this'll work but I need all the help I can get.
I will definitely wet my feet first before i get into the C172 trainer!
Thank you all again!
-Brazier

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The controllers you chose will work fine! I've used CH products for years with no problems. You will, of course, need to calibrate them once you have everything set up. Its all easily done and there will be loads of help on the forums if you encounter any problems.
Quite a few here are licensed pilots, and more than a few are CFI's, so you should be fairly well covered with any questions you have!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Brazier,

Just to add to the comments from the other guys, once you've got the Steam edition of FSX installed and running successfully, and when you've installed the Accu-Sim Cessna 172 you purchased, there's one other important file to download and run. This is the Accu-Sim 'updater' and it's available from this pinned post. It will add quite a few fixes and features not included in your original download.

It's worth checking back every few months as A2A periodically update their Accu-Sim module and even the older products tend to get a few enhancements.

Cheers and welcome from me too! :)
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”