Ailerons

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
croudson
Airman Basic

Ailerons

Post by croudson »

The A2A CT182 is currently unflyable. Let's start by confirming that P3Dv2 is installed correctly. The CH Yoke and pedals work perfectly with all other aircraft. I have redownloaded and reinstalled the A2A CT 182. It has just had a complete "overhaul". Weather has been removed from P3D for this check. All realism settings are as prescribed by you.

When pulling the yoke back and forwards the elevators work as they should do. When I rotate the yoke, the ailerons do not move at all. The right elevator does, however, move up and down. Obviously, I can't fly the plane in this state.

I am sure you will have more questions but I need solutions please. You have my money but I don't have a plane that will fly.

Michael Croudson

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Ailerons

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I am sure, there is a trivial explanation for this issue and you will be soon flying and enjoying this wonderful aircraft. As a start, check these few tips:
Make sure, your plane is ready for flight under "Shift+7" maintenance hangar, or the "Shift+8" the pre-flight check.
You may have to reinstall your Simconnect, the location should look something like that:
P3D V2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi for P3D v2 like you said.

At last, check if you are running the latest update found here:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 20&t=41279

Hope this tips were helpful, more will come soon from the other fellows.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Michael - Just to add to the excellent advice Will has given above, please let us know if you use any software such as FSUIPC4 which could be used to provide a 'per aircraft' axis assignment.

You could also try the 'RESET' option in the A2A shift+3 menu if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I'm just gonna add this to the very useful posts by Will and Nick.

Make sure you read the manual on how to setup and check the plane! The simulation is very realistic with a great failure system behind it that will simulate real world failures.

Take care
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

Just to add to the great community responses and before you get back to us, from the troubleshooting FAQ here is the simconnect install instructions to help;
P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

croudson
Airman Basic

Post by croudson »

Well I am overwhelmed with the quick responses. It will take a while to respond to each individual. It is, after all, the silly season. I have read the manual. I have also been looking at posts as I rarely post myself on this or other forums (fora??) as I usually find what I am looking for. If I breach forum protocol it is unintentional and you can put me straight.

To LZ-WIL I am aware of the simconnect file which is in place but I will reinstall it. I do check Shift +7 and Shift +8 but thank you for reminding me LZ-WIL Checking updates now The one referred to is for P3Dv3 only. I run P3Dv2.. By the way I do have other realistic aircraft and did fly the A2A Spitfire in FSX or FS9. More later Thanks.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

croudson wrote:... Checking updates now The one referred to is for P3Dv3 only. I run P3Dv2..
That doesn't matter. (The content of the 9-15 updater was only adjusted for P3Dv3 if I'm not mistaken, and Scott says in his post it's safe to use the installer :wink: ). The installer will automatically determine the platform you're using and install the appropriate files. Just click on the link that Will has posted above, download and install as administrator.

Here the corresponding information on what changed with the installer
Scott - A2A wrote:09/15/2015 - 10/05/2015 CHANGES:
- Global updater is now compatible with P3D V3
And you're right. It's a great community with extensive knowledge. Always good to be able to help :)
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

croudson
Airman Basic

Post by croudson »

Nick M

Thanks for the reset tip. The problem still persists. When I rotate the yoke it is actually just the elevator trim that moves not the entire elevator. So before take- off I do always check elevator trim. When airborne as soon as I rotate the yoke the plane goes out of trim and dives for the ground usually. I notice the trim wheel seems to "twitch" on its own on the ground. That's the best way I can explain it. Thanks for your response

croudson
Airman Basic

Post by croudson »

Nick M

Oh I forgot. I use FSUIPC unregistered. I do not have the full registered version.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

croudson wrote:When I rotate the yoke it is actually just the elevator trim that moves not the entire elevator. So before take- off I do always check elevator trim. When airborne as soon as I rotate the yoke the plane goes out of trim and dives for the ground usually. I notice the trim wheel seems to "twitch" on its own on the ground.
Thanks Michael - this is a really useful piece of information. My suspicion is that your yoke aileron axis is assigned to the elevator trim function in the "A2A C172 input configurator" as you say you don't see this behaviour in any other aircraft. Have you used this utility at all?

Unregistered FSUIPC is probably unrelated to the issue.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

croudson
Airman Basic

Post by croudson »

Hi Nick M and all

Well Nick, you nailed it. I had been a bit cavalier about the input configurator and looked again and saw a couple of things that didn't seem right.

I disabled the elevator and rudder trim. Probably not ideal but it totally solved the problem. Now that the machine is flying I am less frustrated and will fine tune it. It trims very nicely, in calm weather at least.

I think we can say you solved the problem for me (operator error) and thank you. By the way, it is the CT182.

Oh, Merry Christmas everyone!

Michael

croudson
Airman Basic

Post by croudson »

Lewis - A2A

As the resident A2A guy, thank you for your quick response. A happy Christmas to all you guys "over home".

Michael

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad we managed to get to the bottom of it Michael and that you're back up and flying. :) Sounds like you just need to iron out any remaining control conflicts. You can also assign hardware (e.g. yoke) buttons to elevator trim via the input configurator; not just the axis assignment - it's a really handy little utility.

If you have any further problems or questions, just drop by the forums here and someone will usually be able to help out.

Merry Christmas! :wink:
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you got it sorted, hope you had a great Christmas!

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”