Weird Rudder Problem (Autorudder off)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Re: Weird Rudder Problem (Autorudder off)

Post by Gabe777 »

As I cannot calibrate the Saitek rudder pedals in FSUIOP, I cannot reduce sensitivity eitger.

Is it OK to change Rudder Effectiveness in the .cfg file, from 1.5 to 1.0 or lower ?

Both my 172 and Comanche are too twitchy on the rudder.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Do not change any parameters in the files, this will screw with external parts of the fm, they need to be where they are, plus we won't be able to help you with untested changes. Instead try to be more lively and faster with your rudder, dance on those pedals to obtain the result you need.

You can calibrate good enough through the sim and then set full sensitivity for all axis and small null zones for primary controls and brakes to give yourself a bit of margin for error with your hardware.

This will save you from chasing the plane all the time, sens in p3d works by slowing your inputs if you set it low, this can fff with your feeling, set them max

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Is it OK to change Rudder Effectiveness in the .cfg file, from 1.5 to 1.0 or lower ?
It is not OK, but people do it anyway.

Make sure the sensitivity in the sim options is set to max. This makes a lot of difference in how the controls feel. I have had no problems with the rudder sensitivity on the 172 with this setting. Try this before making any changes to the .cfg file.

Hook

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”