ALT Arm button and the Input Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LZScout
Airman

ALT Arm button and the Input Configurator

Post by LZScout »

I'm trying to assign the KAP 140 "ALT ARM" button to one of the buttons on my Saitek Throttle Quadrant. I have assigned the proper TQ button using the A2A C172 Input Configurator found in the tools folder and saved the changes. It doesn't seem to have any effect. While I've read that the Input Configuator is self explanatory, I find the lack of instructions to be a challenge. In the upper section, I've left all of my controls "disabled" if this makes any difference. I thought that was best as I've done the same in FSX and because I've assigned all my controllers through FSUIPC.

Am I missing something?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ALT Arm button and the Input Configurator

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you are not going through FSX at all then you might have some issues. FSUIPC is great however our aircraft do not require its use and it can be setup so that it will prevent mapping of our aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LZScout
Airman

Post by LZScout »

Lewis - A2A wrote:If you are not going through FSX at all then you might have some issues. FSUIPC is great however our aircraft do not require its use and it can be setup so that it will prevent mapping of our aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis
Perhaps my description was a bit strong. Obviously, I'm still using FSX. Keyboard commands are still active. I've used the A2A Input Configurator to successfully map the battery and alternator switches on my Saitek Switch Panel using SPAD. Buttons on my Saitek Proflight Yoke and Throttle Quadrant can be mapped using either FSX's control assignments window or through FSUIPC. If I use FSUIPC, it just overrides the FSX assignment. The part of FSX I've disabled are the control axis's. What I'm having difficulty with is assigning the Alitude Arm function of the KAP 140 autopilot. That function does not exist in FSX assignable functions. I thought I had found it in the FSUIPC assignable function, "AP Panel Altitude Set" but it has no effect either. I'm sure the answer is in using you "Input Configurator" but I need you to explain if I'm using it right. I've double clicked on the Alt Arm assignment box which opened it for a button assignment or keystroke entry. I then pressed the button on my Saitek Throttle Quadrant which entered that button address in the box. I then pressed the box on the Input Configurator to "save the change to FSX". Testing the button yields no results. Since FSX doesn't know what the command is, I can understand the result. How do I get the Input Configurator to actually control the KAP 140 Autopilot? Is there something in the upper section of the Input Configurator that I must enable to get the lower assignments to function?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can map using the input configuration as you note or advanced mapping using the cockpit builder variable here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=40389

Remember that the buttons can be time sensitive for the AP, so some buttons require a press of a certain time for different activation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

LZScout - Just had a quick test of this and the arm button seems to function as expected when mapped through the A2A input configurator (double click the 'shortcut' box, press the preferred joystick button, click 'OK' then click 'Save and Update FSX'). However, unlike the AP engage button and a few other controls (e.g. the yoke trim switches) the other autopilot buttons including 'ARM' don't visibly depress in the virtual cockpit when used via the input configurator.

May be worth noting that the autopilot has to be actually engaged for the ARM button to do anything.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”