Problems with the A2A Cessna

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gpbarth
Airman First Class

Problems with the A2A Cessna

Post by gpbarth »

I have a problem since I installed FSX SE, and re-installed my A2A aircraft. IF - I load the default FSX Cessna 172, my axis assignments through FSUIPC work fine. I have the Saitek X-55 controls, and have assigned the left throttle to the throttle, and the knob on top of the right throttle to the mixture. The throttle works smoothly, as does the mixture. There is no assignment in the FSX controls set-up for mixture (on the throttle control). Just the FSUIPC axis and joystick cal.

When I load the A2A Cessna 172, however, the mixture goes haywire. As I rotate the knob, the mixture jumps in and out. Going into FSUIPC, and checking the joystick calibration, the numbers in the IN and OUT boxes fluctuate constantly, and there is no adjustment possible. I have already done a new fsx.ini to make sure everything was fresh, and re-loaded the A2A Cessna - same thing. If I quit and reload FSX, and load the default Cessna, everything is back to normal.

So it is the A2A Cessna right now that is causing the problem. I have not tried loading a different A2A aircraft, like the P-51, to see if that also causes the problem. As far as I know, I have the latest in the C-172 (and P-51) software. So does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I do have the latest FSUIPC, for FSX SE, also.

I DO have the latest Simconnect files (all of them) from the Steam edition. If I by-pass FSUIPC and try to make the mixture work strictly through the FSX control settings, the mixture jumps around between open and closed, and snaps closed when I let go of the mouse.
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”