Radios in C172 won't come on.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
IHHMan
Airman

Radios in C172 won't come on.

Post by IHHMan »

Radios in C172 won't come on with battery on OK and avionics turned on. No failures indicated in the FSX failures dialog. ??? Acts like a fuse is out.??? Anyone else had this problem?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Radios in C172 won't come on.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Welcome to the forums. Accu-sim doesn't use standard coding so the failure system is skipped and not used or supported. The manual for your simulation is under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Sinulations.

From the post it sounds like you have not turned on the units themselves?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

IHHMan
Airman

Post by IHHMan »

Thank you Lewis for your quick reply. That was what I thought at first. But I should have mentioned that they are turned on. Any other thoughts? Is there a failure system that I can access? Quick Radios dialog box is no help. Only the top radio of the stack works.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes you will want to check the maintenance hanger and make sure the aircraft is fit for flight in the hanger and also during the pre-flight walk around.

thanks,
Lewis

IHHMan
Airman

Post by IHHMan »

Says it is in beautiful shape. ??

IHHMan
Airman

Post by IHHMan »

Walk around looks good also. I have restarted FSX and that did not help. I will restart my computer and see if that fixes it and then post again.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

And all of the individual units are switched on. The avionics is on and all the breakers are ok?

Also which battery are you using in the maint hanger and do you have any other software to change the FSX default electrics such as FSUIPC with the battery switch set to on?

And lastly the default flight and how are you loading the aircraft? Also have you tried auto starting the aircraft after using the cold and dark option under your shift -3 panel.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHHMan
Airman

Post by IHHMan »

The Fuel Quantity Indicator and Audio Control Panel work but none of the radios. The Audio Control Panel lights up. I don't have the paid version of FSUIPC. I don't see a battery setting in FSUIPC. But I did change the battery in the hanger. Tried the cold and dark to auto start. Engine runs but still no radios. I have tried reloading the A2A C172 but no go. Finally, I did not know the breakers work in the C172. But if so all appear OK. But the radios do fail to light up like a breaker is out.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I really have to ask about the positions of these switches:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpq4r0i3w9rqq ... s.PNG?dl=0

Are these in the correct position? Please remember this is not the default Bendix stack.
Have a look here for more information on the superb Bendix Radio stack.
http://youtu.be/nj0MHXTIut4
http://youtu.be/Nzh_RurowRs
http://youtu.be/L807IDUSae4
http://youtu.be/TrFYbS9yzuc

Same functions apply to the C182 and maybe the Piper 180 as well(don't own that)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes it sounds like the units are simply switched off. Each unit has its own power switch that must be switched on. The avionics are 1:1 simulations so any queries with the units operation can be answered with the Bendix King manual for the relevant units as well as of course asked for helpful hints and tips on our forums here.

thanks,
Lewis

IHHMan
Airman

Post by IHHMan »

Thanks again for the help and suggestions. I have read the manuals and watched the videos in the past. I know how to operate the radios. They are and have been switched on. They were working fine and then they quit working. As if a fuse blew. The odd thing is that when I turn on the battery, the avionics, and the radios I can contact ATC which tells me they are on but the red radio lights are not on. Quick Radio dialog says they are on. When I rotate the Radio LT, the radio buttons brighten but still no red lights on the radios. The avionics lights are working in my other planes except the C172 that comes with FSX. ?? I am wondering if it's some key I pressed by mistake.

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

So, the radios seem to work, but you can't see the red frequency numbers? Sounds a bit like a simple display problem. Have you checked in the FSX settings that high quality VC and advanced animations are enabled?

Btw, what do you mean by "except the C172 that comes with FSX". That the problem shows in both the A2A and the stock FSX C172?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Sorry to keep banging on about the radio units, I know it can be annoying but without being there and knowing that our simulation is different to 99.9 percent out there we need to check these things.

If its not what Welsch said with the high detail VC being ticked it could well be a default flight issue. What is your default flight have you changed it from the trike over friday harbour?

The 'good practice' method for loading a complex sim in FSX and P3D is to first load a default aircraft in the sim and then use the in game menu to change the aircraft to the complex one. This isn't required for everyone but is good practice as it means the sim will initialize completely something that if loading direct from the GUI the simulation on some systems will not do correctly.

thanks,
Lewis

IHHMan
Airman

Post by IHHMan »

High detail VC is ticked. I make whatever airport I go to as the default for the next flight.

Other stock FSX C172 avionics light up OK. I was mistaken about that.

I found an odd thing. When I was in the A2A C172 and check the FSX Failures menu, no failures were indicated. When I exited the flight and then looked at the Failures menu in the FREE FLIGHT screen the radios were checked as failed. I tried unchecking them starting with stock C172 and then loading the A2A C172 again. Radio red lights still not on. No failures indicated now.

I guess I have tried everything. I've taken up a lot of your time. But thank you. I am considering reinstalling the A2A C172. Should I uninstall first?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I would delete the .dat files first and let new ones be generated. I'd also be careful with those default flights, as if using a complex aircraft all manner of issues can occur if its the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”