Radios in C172 won't come on.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
IHHMan
Airman

Re: Radios in C172 won't come on.

Post by IHHMan »

OK. Will do and see what happens. Will get back with you then. Thanks again for your prompt responses. You do provide great support!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No problem it's why the forums are here. This stuff tends to be simply things but can require a little time to track them down. I think the default fligiht and a .dat deletion might be the key here.

Cheers,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

IHHMan
Airman

Post by IHHMan »

I deleted all of the saved flight files as you suggested. When I restarted FSX it went back to the default flight. I opened the A2A C172 from the default flight and the red lights in the radios work! Problem fixed! Thanks again. From now on I will save and load flights but not make them the default. If I have trouble again with this issue I will know what to do. I was beginning to wonder if my wife had cut a wire. lol She may do it someday ... but not yet.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great news! Always something simple just a paint sometimes to go through troubleshooting one step at a time to make sure the simple things are not overlooked!

Now enjoy your simulation, Happy new year!
Cheers,
Lewis

rburgos18
Airman Basic

Post by rburgos18 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:I would delete the .dat files first and let new ones be generated. I'd also be careful with those default flights, as if using a complex aircraft all manner of issues can occur if its the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
ITS FUNNY CAUSE I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES AND NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK, ANY HELP OR SOLUTIONS. I FEEL THAT A2A SHOULD HAVE OVER THE PHONE TECH SUPPORT INSTEAD OF THIS FORUM AS SOME OF THIS ISSUES ARE A LITTLE MORE THAN JUST RESTARTING OR TURNIG ON A SWITCH, AND WOUL REQUIRE SOMEONE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE PROGRAMING INS AND OUT OF THIS SYSTEM THAN REGULAR ENTHUSIAST AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL PAYING FOR NOT JUST THE PROGRAM BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW THAT SOMEBODY IN TECH SUPPORT WILL HAVE YOU COVER IN THE EVENT OF REAL SYSTEM PROBLEMS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APRRECIATED.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rburgos18 wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:I would delete the .dat files first and let new ones be generated. I'd also be careful with those default flights, as if using a complex aircraft all manner of issues can occur if its the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
ITS FUNNY CAUSE I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES AND NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK, ANY HELP OR SOLUTIONS. I FEEL THAT A2A SHOULD HAVE OVER THE PHONE TECH SUPPORT INSTEAD OF THIS FORUM AS SOME OF THIS ISSUES ARE A LITTLE MORE THAN JUST RESTARTING OR TURNIG ON A SWITCH, AND WOUL REQUIRE SOMEONE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE PROGRAMING INS AND OUT OF THIS SYSTEM THAN REGULAR ENTHUSIAST AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL PAYING FOR NOT JUST THE PROGRAM BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW THAT SOMEBODY IN TECH SUPPORT WILL HAVE YOU COVER IN THE EVENT OF REAL SYSTEM PROBLEMS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APRRECIATED.
Hello,

Please can I ask you start a new thread so we can better help you. You get 24/7 support via our forums here, however it does require first posting about your issue so we can help you. 99% of issues are easy fixes/steps missed by the user, as noted in this very thread.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

rburgos18
Airman Basic

Re: Radios and clock in C172 won't come on.

Post by rburgos18 »

is it possible that i could get detailed instructions detailes instructions in how to delete the dat files in order to make all my radios, clock. right now the only thing working is my garmin 430...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Radios and clock in C172 won't come on.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rburgos18 wrote:is it possible that i could get detailed instructions detailes instructions in how to delete the dat files in order to make all my radios, clock. right now the only thing working is my garmin 430...
Hello,

Please can I ask you start a new thread so we can better help you. You get 24/7 support via our forums here, however it does require first posting about your issue so we can help you. 99% of issues are easy fixes/steps missed by the user, as noted in this very thread.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

wthielke
Airman

Post by wthielke »

I seem to have the same problem listed here. I have a new P3D V4 installation (also have been running V3 for a long time) with the A2A C172. None of the red radio stack lights are on, though the radios seem to be working. What's the fix?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

wthielke wrote:I seem to have the same problem listed here. I have a new P3D V4 installation (also have been running V3 for a long time) with the A2A C172. None of the red radio stack lights are on, though the radios seem to be working. What's the fix?
Hello,

if you start a new thread we will be able to help you. Please include as much detail as possible.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”