V2.0 Trim & Hardware

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
andrew737
Senior Airman

V2.0 Trim & Hardware

Post by andrew737 »

Hi Guys

I have tested my Simkits motorised trim wheel with the Cessna.

When on autopilot the Trim wheel beautifully follows the autopilot trimming in sim, thus when disconnecting the AP my trim wheel matches up to the Trim in the sim - Brilliant!

When I use my Simkits trim manually (no AP), 'Take Off' trim matches up with the C172 in sim too - Brilliant again!

Here's the problem - because of the changes you made to the trim system my hardware trim does not give me the 'Full' range of trim in the Sim ie. hardware trim is full up or down but the A2A C172 trim is only about halfway. I could go back to v1.6 but i don't want to lose all the other improvements, particularly the nose pitch with power feature. I have a motion sled and an FFB yoke, this pitch with power feature is going to translate 'Very Well Indeed' into motion and the haptic feel. The Trim Wheel Hardware is 'NOT' configurable either so my only option is software.

Here's the Question - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - can I have a patch to go back to the old trim system from v1.6 but keep all the other v2.0 features?

I would like to add that I am so very close to full compatibility with my chosen hardware - my simkits flaps gauge with motorised indicator works (modified but works), Reinhard from Panel Builder is 95% complete with a C172 panel that is interfaced with your plane - chrono and annunciator working - I am just testing the final beta, I have had it confirmed that the Flight Illusion Bendix King radio stack works with your plane so I bought one, all I need is to sort out my motorised trim.
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: V2.0 Trim & Hardware

Post by Molly - A2A »

Have you tried assigning the trim wheel in the A2A Input Configurator?

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

molleh wrote:Have you tried assigning the trim wheel in the A2A Input Configurator?
Hi

It's not assignable - it works via simmconnect.
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Good morning gentlemen

I was hoping, now that it is Monday, someone could assist with my problem?

Thank you guys

As ever 'very' much appreciated.
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hello,

The trim effect on an airplane is handled internally by accusim, but we use the standard FSX variable for trim position, so there shouldn't be any conflict with hardware trim like that. In theory.

Do you have any information on how your trim wheel interfaces with the sim and what variables or config files does it read?
Michael Krawczyk

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

some1 - A2A wrote:Hello,

The trim effect on an airplane is handled internally by accusim, but we use the standard FSX variable for trim position, so there shouldn't be any conflict with hardware trim like that. In theory.

Do you have any information on how your trim wheel interfaces with the sim and what variables or config files does it read?
Hi Michael

The trim indicator on my trim wheel is operated mechanically. From full 'nose up' trim to 'full nose down' trim the wheel turns 5 complete turns. the indicator follows the wheel mechanically as in the real plane. on my trim wheel there is a groove routed (or machined) into it and the trim indicator has a lug that sits in the groove. Thus there is no trim indicator info.

The trim works perfectly with the default Cessna so my problem must only be since v2.0.

Can I ask what the purpose of the new trim system on the c172 is for?

So what should the next investigation be?

Thank you
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

The trim is enhanced by accusim in order to achieve realistic aircraft and trim behavior. It was done like that since 1.0, it's not something that we introduced in the latest update. Our aircraft uses standard FSX variables for trim position, the same that stock C172 uses, so I don't know why your hardware trim reacts differently after the update. We did some changes in configuration files in the latest update, but not something directly related to trim function.

Until we learn how your hardware trim reads trim position from FSX, we won't be able to help more.
Michael Krawczyk

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

some1 - A2A wrote:The trim is enhanced by accusim in order to achieve realistic aircraft and trim behavior. It was done like that since 1.0, it's not something that we introduced in the latest update. Our aircraft uses standard FSX variables for trim position, the same that stock C172 uses, so I don't know why your hardware trim reacts differently after the update. We did some changes in configuration files in the latest update, but not something directly related to trim function.

Until we learn how your hardware trim reads trim position from FSX, we won't be able to help more.

Hi

The hardware trim indicator is fine, my trim does not give me 'full' up or down trim since the cfg changes.

The changes made are those that effect my trims behaviour - please can you provide the original config line that directly relates to this change?

Thank you
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi Andrew,

I think what some1 is asking is how the software driver for your trim wheel communicates with FSX. Once he knows what variables are read and written to, he can further troubleshoot the issue.

There's a good chance you don't know what those variables are and will have to get the info from the trim wheel manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

renaissanceman wrote:Hi Andrew,

I think what some1 is asking is how the software driver for your trim wheel communicates with FSX. Once he knows what variables are read and written to, he can further troubleshoot the issue.

There's a good chance you don't know what those variables are and will have to get the info from the trim wheel manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Hi Jim

That helps heaps - thank you for your input.

Greatly appreciated. The ball is back in my court, I will talk with Skits
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Hi Guys

This may not now be a problem for me. I purchased a new 'Brunner' Force Feed Back yoke which has its own special trim feature built in. Brunner explained that their Trim System does not use the FSX system. It just changes the 'centre' point of their yoke. If one uses hardware (like my trim wheel) it will re-centre their yoke but also change the attitude of the plane because of the way FSX works. So the little effect of trimming on the A2A C172 'SHOULD' now help me :-)

I will let you all know (in case anyone is interested).
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

ethorn
Airman Basic

Post by ethorn »

Andrew, it's now 2 1/2 years later so maybe you are no longer following this, but I would be very interested to know how things worked out for you with your Brunner yoke. I just got one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”