Cockpit Builders - Helpful control listings + cockpit view

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Cockpit Builders - Helpful control listings + cockpit view

Post by Lewis - A2A »

For cockpit builders and advanced hardware users Only!

Enabling sounds in the 2D Cockpit
To enable the interior sounds for the "2D Cockpit" view go to the PANEL folder and edit PANEL.CFG file: (Make a safe copy before editing!)

Find this line:

//gauge01=A2A_C172!cockpitBuilder, 2,2,2,2 //For cockpit builders only.

and uncomment it:

gauge01=A2A_C172!cockpitBuilder, 2,2,2,2 //For cockpit builders only.

Then save the file. You will now have VC sounds within the blank 2D cockpit.

LVar control listing

Here is the list of LVar controls for cockpitbuilders and advanced users to aid in the mapping of the custom controls;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/Cockpitbu ... 20list.pdf

Extra LVars for the AP + new dll
https://a2asimulations.com/updates/test ... update.zip
The new variables are:

Code: Select all

0 - 1 flags variables:
kap140_isAPflag
kap140_isHPAflag
kap140_isInhgFlag
kap140_isFPMflag
kap140_isFTflag
kap140_isPTflag
kap140_isYDflag
kap140_isAlertFlag

Lateral Modes variables:
kap140_activeLateral
kap140_standbyLateral

Vertical Modes variables:
kap140_activeVertical
kap140_standbyVertical

Possible values for lateral modes:
OFF = 0
ROL = 1
HDG = 2
NAV = 3
APR = 4
REV = 5
GS = 6

Possible values for vertical modes:
OFF = 0
VS = 1
ALT = 2
GS = 3
Extra commands thanks to 'Gypsy Baron'
"FSUIPC4...assign a button/switch temporarily to "List Local Panel Variables". Press the button and the
L:Vars for the current aircraft will get dumped into the FSUIPC4.log file.
"
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

meistereder
Airman Basic

Re: Cockpit Builders - Helpful control listings + cockpit vi

Post by meistereder »

Hi,
please check the download link - I can not access the lvar list...
Chears, Marc

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Fixed for you Marc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

WK95
Airman

Post by WK95 »

----Nevermind this----

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

So using the PDF here is the gauge I want to assign.
(L:Eng1_FuelCutOffSwitch,bool) - fuel cutoff lever (on/off)

How do I go about assign that action to a push pull hardware switch? Many thanks for any help.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

voltigeurramon
Airman

Post by voltigeurramon »

Hi,

This is the first time I program buttons on this level (for everything a first time, right?) and I'm trying things with your C172R and so far it goes quit well. I have only problem I cannot solve by trial and error and I cannot find it on the internet and manuals.

I am using the paid version of FSUIPC (I have some basic ecperience with it) and so far I am able program most things. I am able to program everything that begins with "L:". Like:

L:Eng1_GeneratorSwitch
I am not able to programs functions that begin with ">K:". Like:

>K:TOGGLE_ELECT_FUEL_PUMP1
They just don't show up in the control list of FSUIPC. How can I assign those switches?

Have a nice day and thank for any help in advance,

Ramon

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

voltigeurramon wrote:Hi,

This is the first time I program buttons on this level (for everything a first time, right?) and I'm trying things with your C172R and so far it goes quit well. I have only problem I cannot solve by trial and error and I cannot find it on the internet and manuals.

I am using the paid version of FSUIPC (I have some basic ecperience with it) and so far I am able program most things. I am able to program everything that begins with "L:". Like:

They just don't show up in the control list of FSUIPC. How can I assign those switches?

Ramon
Ramon, maybe you can help me. How do I program the (L:Eng1_FuelCutOffSwitch,bool) - fuel cutoff lever (on/off) using the paid version of FSUIPC? Since you are able to get that to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Nathan
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

voltigeurramon
Airman

Post by voltigeurramon »

Kilstorm wrote:

Ramon
Ramon, maybe you can help me. How do I program the (L:Eng1_FuelCutOffSwitch,bool) - fuel cutoff lever (on/off) using the paid version of FSUIPC? Since you are able to get that to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Nathan
Are you using saitek levers?

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

voltigeurramon wrote:
Kilstorm wrote:

Ramon
Are you using saitek levers?
No Im using the Fuel Panel Switch from Desktop Avaitor
http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/ ... /index.htm

voltigeurramon
Airman

Post by voltigeurramon »

Kilstorm wrote: No Im using the Fuel Panel Switch from Desktop Avaitor
I have read about it a few weeks ago. Sounds really nice! Have you tried the instructions from Desktop Aviator? Most function still work with the default functions (without making a macro file).

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

voltigeurramon wrote:
Kilstorm wrote: No Im using the Fuel Panel Switch from Desktop Avaitor
I have read about it a few weeks ago. Sounds really nice! Have you tried the instructions from Desktop Aviator? Most function still work with the default functions (without making a macro file).
Yeah, the pull out switch works great for default C172 but the A2A has no response. I can map the fuel selector switch but not the fuel cut off. Would like to know how to do that using the info on this thread.

voltigeurramon
Airman

Post by voltigeurramon »

Kilstorm wrote: Ramon, maybe you can help me. How do I program the (L:Eng1_FuelCutOffSwitch,bool) - fuel cutoff lever (on/off) using the paid version of FSUIPC? Since you are able to get that to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Nathan
I am new to this too, and I want to know this too because I'm gonna use desktop aviators somewhere in the future. While experimenting with this I came along some problems. I have that asked in another thread, and your problem too (Again, because I like to know it too. You can follow it here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=42872

azdoo
Airman Basic

Post by azdoo »

Hello, i have a question about getting data from the display of the KAP 140 autopilot. I already designed radio panels with 7-segment displays and I programmed microcontrollers that are controlling them to retrieve data from RS-232 (COM port). I have a program that can read an offset value from FSX and send it via COM port to the microcontroller, for example 034E for COM1 frequency.

But everything gets more complicated with the autopilot, because standard FSX ofssets aren't enough. I just would like to ask if someone could give me a hint, how can I retrieve information about the state of the display of KAP 140? Listed variables are just related to buttons. I would like to get values like ALERT_ICON, AP_ICON, ARM_ICON with values like 1=alert is displayed, 0=alert is not displayed etc, and autopilot's BARO value, so I could just make a 1:1 copy of KAP 140 display and make it behave the same as in the simulator. Is that possible?

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hello,

right now it is not possible to read most of these values. It is something we may add later on in a patch.
Michael Krawczyk

jmann
Airman First Class

Post by jmann »

How do you get the Nav 1 and Nav 2 buttons to toggle on and off on the audio panel? I have a Leo board and can get the marker, dme, and adf to toggle on and off but I can only seem to get the nav 1, nav 2 buttons to turn on with a button press but they will not toggle off. I have tried every fsuipc combination I can think of.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”