Radio stack dead

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FHS
Airman First Class

Re: Radio stack dead

Post by FHS »

Problem solved, for now:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=37167

If one installs accusim patch v.1.52 AFTER the C172 Patch v.1.03 The Cessna's avionics stack is dead. reinstalling patch v.1.03 does the trick. The rest of the A2A hangar seems to be fine with that (that's basically all things accusim in my case).

*So, the accusim core patch CANNOT be installed last (in this case)*

So thnx SkipperMac (& rafgath & cflord & Lewis)! :)

Cheers,
Florian

FHS wrote:It's exactly my case too. You can also see on my screenshot that the model is running somehow. Just not the gauges. I'm using FSUIPC, but i only use it to "curve" the joystik input to make it more linear.

*EDIT*: In the 2D gauge it shows that the radio stack is on or off, and by clicking on on or off the buttom on the stack moves acordingly. however, i cannot set any frequency other than the default one. Clicking on the toggle button between the two frequencies confirms that the button is pressed, however, the fraquency is not changed. *EDIT*
ft wrote:Getting back to the C172 and now I'm getting this same issue.

Flew the C172, went to the civ P51, applied core update to get ground steering back and now the radio stack is dead.

Regarding FSUIPC, is that a known issue affecting this?

Edit: It appears as if the model is running - cycling power either through the avionics switch or the unit power switch activates/deactivates the 2D popup- but the gauge itself is effectively dead.

steku
Airman Basic

Post by steku »

I have similiar problem with dead radio panel.
I have only C172 from A2a installed and 1.03 update installed as well.

When trying to power up the plane from Cold & Dark according to checklist (Alt/Bat on, engine on, both parts of Avionics switch on) I finally arrive to the point when I have to switch on all the individual radios. The switches on the radios goes to on, but the radio displays are dead. See the screenshot (on the screenshot the radios are in off position, but trust they are not illumitaed in on position as well):

The only workaround I can use is via "controls" sub-panel and Auto-Start option. The radios operate properly after Auto-Start. Then I can switch the plane down according to checklist. When powering it up I can switch on the radios properly.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you are using any third party software that changes battery behavior in FSX this could be the cause.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

steku
Airman Basic

Post by steku »

No such software used. Only FSUIPC, but the option extending battery life in FSUIPC is switched off.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

How are you loading the aircraft. Have you tried changing your default flight?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”