Radio stack dead

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
pilot37
Senior Airman

Radio stack dead

Post by pilot37 »

I seem to have no radio stack working all of a sudden. Tried starting in a MS Cessna first but no luck.

Fear yet another install. What is the point in having a perpetual aircraft if you have to keep resetting it!

Any ideas?

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Radio stack dead

Post by Gypsy Baron »

pilot37 wrote:I seem to have no radio stack working all of a sudden. Tried starting in a MS Cessna first but no luck.

Fear yet another install. What is the point in having a perpetual aircraft if you have to keep resetting it!

Any ideas?
have you checked all the obvious possibilities?

Dead battery or if the aircraft starts, the generator is on and you have sufficient RPM's to charge the battery.

Avionics switch on and the individual power switches on the stack are on.

Do any of the displays light on the stack? The AP display always reads something even with the AP off.

I've not seen this issue or read of anyone else having a similar issue. That's not to say it hasn't occured.

Paul

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Have you had your friendly A&P Mechanic look at it? Maybe it would show up in the hanger.

Good luck!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Of course I have checked avionics on, stacks switched on in the VC and using the pop up. Charge is good, voltage warning is off. Radio works fine on everything else....MS aircraft and A2A aircraft.

Do I have to do the core upgrade again?

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Even deleting the persistent file (backed it up though) and starting again doesn't fix it

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

I can get the com2 light on, that's all.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Are you using any third party battery tweaks including the FSUIPC battery 'fix'?

How are you loading the aircraft?

Whats the state of your default flight?

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

I don't have FSUIPC.

I tried starting with a FSX Cessna and then loading the A2A. I have saved cold and dark and reloaded. I have removed the perpetual file and restarted.

Eventually I re-executed update 1.03 and now I have radios back but I guess I can't use my old perpetual setting.

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Still working.....good to have it back excellent product and now eagerly await the Cherokee

Thank goodness for the used aircraft option!

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Seeing another thread on this my issue was possibly caused by an FSX crash on my PC (i.e my fault) corrupting a file which might well have been fixed by starting the C172 using the old ctrl-E

FHS
Airman First Class

Post by FHS »

Hi Lewis

I'm having the same issue. The radio stack is dead/shows nothing on the display. It is actually functional as can be seen if you bring up the shift-panel "Quick Radios" for it. I've reinstalled the plane up to v. 1.03 and then installed accusim 1.52 again. In the civ Mustang is working fine. Also the stand-alone 295 GPS works on the Cessna. it's just that nothing appears on the panel itself. Here's how it looks. Weird. I'm trying now a repair-installation of FSX.

:(

Cheers,
Florian
Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

Are you using any third party battery tweaks including the FSUIPC battery 'fix'?

How are you loading the aircraft?

Whats the state of your default flight?

thanks
Lewis

FHS
Airman First Class

Post by FHS »

Well, repair installation didn't help :( So my C172 has a dark radio stack... no Idea... No one else with that issue?

*EDIT* I do have detailed VC on in the menu.

fhs

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Getting back to the C172 and now I'm getting this same issue.

Flew the C172, went to the civ P51, applied core update to get ground steering back and now the radio stack is dead.

Regarding FSUIPC, is that a known issue affecting this?

Edit: It appears as if the model is running - cycling power either through the avionics switch or the unit power switch activates/deactivates the 2D popup- but the gauge itself is effectively dead.
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

FHS
Airman First Class

Post by FHS »

It's exactly my case too. You can also see on my screenshot that the model is running somehow. Just not the gauges. I'm using FSUIPC, but i only use it to "curve" the joystik input to make it more linear.

*EDIT*: In the 2D gauge it shows that the radio stack is on or off, and by clicking on on or off the buttom on the stack moves acordingly. however, i cannot set any frequency other than the default one. Clicking on the toggle button between the two frequencies confirms that the button is pressed, however, the fraquency is not changed. *EDIT*
ft wrote:Getting back to the C172 and now I'm getting this same issue.

Flew the C172, went to the civ P51, applied core update to get ground steering back and now the radio stack is dead.

Regarding FSUIPC, is that a known issue affecting this?

Edit: It appears as if the model is running - cycling power either through the avionics switch or the unit power switch activates/deactivates the 2D popup- but the gauge itself is effectively dead.

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

FHS and ft: you both imply that you loaded the AccuSim Core Update AFTER you had updated the 172 to 1.03. My understanding is that 1.03 needs to be the last update installed, ie, AFTER the Core Update.

I can't guarantee this will solve the radio stack problem though, but worth a try if indeed I have read you both correctly.
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”