Simkits hardware

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
muzz172
Airman Basic

Simkits hardware

Post by muzz172 »

I have a problem with the Cessna 172 aircraft.
I have a full size Cessna 172 fuselage that I run FSX with for simulation and flight training.
I use the Simkits gauges in the cockpit for realism, but find with the A2A C172 some gauges dont respond properly, these are the Tachometer and VSI, they dont move accordingly to what the aircraft gauge is doing within the Simulator.
I have been using the default Microsoft C172 without any problem with these gauges. Are you able to assist as I was sold on the better characteristics of this aircraft.
I have installed the Core package plus the update for the C172 after reading the forums.

Hoeller
Airman Basic

Re: Simkits hardware

Post by Hoeller »

You should read this post: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=36392,it's the same process with all hardware or software external gauges.

Hope that helps.

Olivier

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Hoeller wrote:You should read this post: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=36392,it's the same process with all hardware or software external gauges.

Hope that helps.

Olivier
That's probably not the right thread - sim kits use sim connect and panel builder uses FSUIPC

*This Aircraft is Brilliant BUT it needs *Full* hardware compatibility - this plane needs to interface because of the very nature of the C172 RW trainer

Cheers
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

muzz172
Airman Basic

Post by muzz172 »

Is this a SimConnect issue in the way the Simkit gauges get the information from the sim. I did try the registered FSUIPC for FSX but this didn't fix the issue completely!
FSUIPC is usually for FS9 I thought.
Is it due to how A2A programme the software within the sim?

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

muzz172 wrote:Is this a SimConnect issue in the way the Simkit gauges get the information from the sim. I did try the registered FSUIPC for FSX but this didn't fix the issue completely!
FSUIPC is usually for FS9 I thought.
Is it due to how A2A programme the software within the sim?
AFAIK A2A program some of the Gauges outside of FSX. There is a way to read them via FSUIPC/Linda and some guys have that sorted, but again AFAIK the Simkits software is connected to FSX via Simconnect and thus does not read the A2A Gauges; this is why I am so so so keen for A2A to give us an interface :) - which I personally would happily pay them for.

This plane is Awesome - I love it :)
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

muzz172
Airman Basic

Post by muzz172 »

Thanks Andrew for the info,
I guess I will need to wait as well for this interface to enable my external hardware to be more responsive.
I guess it's back to the default C172 until a fix is acquired.
This aircraft is a great model but not that adaptive to the extra add-ons I have for my sim.

RickSinGA
Airman

Post by RickSinGA »

Seems you are having the same issues those of us with the Saitek Flight Information Panels (FIP's) are having Muzz.

I hope that enough of us will sound off on the forums to help A2A see they are missing a fair amount of users to reconsider this issue. I would suspect that users who have invested $1,000's of dollars into their cockpits would be a demographic they are interested in.

Again A2A we are not talking about a 2-way interface but "reading" the instrument gauge data, some work others don't. The I/O device's (ie: sticks, yokes, radio panels, switch panels, etc) work just fine with some work.

Rick S.

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

I really want the Flight Illusion panel but I must have it confirmed it works - its like 12g's!

Fingers crossed

Cheers
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

muzz172
Airman Basic

Post by muzz172 »

I have sought help from the manufacturer of the gauges and they have come back with a compromise in how the Tachometer functions but its still not compatible with the A2A C172. The aircraft certainly has all the requirements for being closer to the 'Real Thing' but these little shortcomings for us Full Cockpit Builders hasn't caused me to abandon the default Microsoft 172 yet!

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

My 2 cents.

All parameters are available from A2A and I myself use a LOT of them and I have made a lot of things work 100% successful with the A2A and my home build cockpit. and if you dont want to ask A2A for variable, it can be easily determined with a number of software available. Yes I am fortunate in knowing a little bit more then the average man in the street iro coding and I can help myself find solutions.

no need for A2A to supply an interface. I think personally the cockpit hardware guys need to supply that interface making their hardware work with A2A. A2A is under no obligation to make sure they release a plane that will fit every dick, tom and harries "hardware"

You wanna sell hardware for FSX, make sure it work with the add-ons. We live in a technology driven era, so use the technology and make things work. I hate the word "it cannot be done". any hardware seller not willing to make such interfaces available are plain lazy or just do not have the know how or does not want to spend money for such expertise (something that I fully understand in these economic climates and that leave end users in a sorry state).

A2A sure not need to come to the table, just because an individual have build a home cockpit based on FSX and hardware working exclusively with FSX. I am sure at the date you bought your hardware/gauges it clearly states that these hardware/gauges work with FSX variables/code. so no need to get upset if the A2A do not gel with your hardware. A2A plane work 100% with FSX and that is all that matter. I sure do think it is rather the hardware/gauges guys that need to step up their game and make sure their hardware interfaces are adequate for an ever changing environment. Anyone that thought FSX will work the same for next 30 years and that their hardware/gauge interfaces is going to be fail proof for next 10 years have no idea about how quick technology change.

I sure hope your hardware/gauges suppliers can sort this out for you. If not, I truely feel for you guys as I know what it cost to build a home cockpit and that you would prefably use it to fly the latest and greatest..!

just my personal opinion (and yes I am working myself in a very fast changing IT industry)

edit:
I am sure A2A will work with any hardware supplier that want more info. That at least we all know is a given.
Regards
JB

RickSinGA
Airman

Post by RickSinGA »

I thank you for making it so perfectly clear Bliksimple.

Rather than enter into a debate, I will bow to your obvious mental superiority in all things digital.

A2A; how do I get a refund? I had hoped for a better resolution but I give up.

Rick S.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Rick,

This is a limitation in the hardware. We would very much like to be able to work around this limitation, but it's not in our power too. This is something only the hardware manufacturer's can do. PM me or Lewis your order info for a refund, and I am sorry the hardware doesn't support custom variables.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”