Missing clickspot--or something else??

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
[email protected]
Airman Basic

Missing clickspot--or something else??

Post by [email protected] »

Have enjoyed the 172 for a couple days now with no problems yet except for this one--I can't change the NAV or COM radio fractional frequencies in the cockpit mode. When I move the mouse over the knobs, left click and drag left or right, the whole number frequencies change properly, but I can't get the smaller knob to change the tenths or hundreds of units to change. I can change those frequencies of the radio 2D pop up near the preflight check menu. Should I apply the "hotfix" or am I missing something? Thanks for any suggestions.
Dick

peglegjohn
Airman Basic

Re: Missing clickspot--or something else??

Post by peglegjohn »

I bought the A2A 172 because I want to practice for my real-world instrument rating. Has anyone else had this problem with the NAV OBS AND COMM fractional buttons not working. I just purchased this product and it is frustrating because I can't do any IFR practice.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I don't have the 172 but if it's consistent with some others, try clicking on the smallest knob to put it into the mode to change the decimals.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

To rotate the inner dials on the radios guys, you just need to use the mouse scroll wheel.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

peglegjohn
Airman Basic

Post by peglegjohn »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 19:27 I don't have the 172 but if it's consistent with some others, try clicking on the smallest knob to put it into the mode to change the decimals.
I understand... but I have tried that... the only numbers that I can get to change are the large numbers on the outer wheel. When I try to use the mouse to change the fractional numbers, the button only goes in and out and there is no way or no click spot or rotating the wheel to make the numbers change. I hope that there is a fix for this problem. The 172 is what I am using to do my instrument check ride in the near future and really hope I can get it to work. Does anyone know if there is an update on this plane?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

peglegjohn wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 14:21 I understand... but I have tried that... the only numbers that I can get to change are the large numbers on the outer wheel. When I try to use the mouse to change the fractional numbers, the button only goes in and out and there is no way or no click spot or rotating the wheel to make the numbers change. I hope that there is a fix for this problem. The 172 is what I am using to do my instrument check ride in the near future and really hope I can get it to work. Does anyone know if there is an update on this plane?
As mentioned above peglegjohn, you can rotate the inner dials (and the outer ones too) using the scroll wheel on your mouse.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

peglegjohn wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 14:21
MkIV Hvd wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 19:27 I don't have the 172 but if it's consistent with some others, try clicking on the smallest knob to put it into the mode to change the decimals.
I understand... but I have tried that... the only numbers that I can get to change are the large numbers on the outer wheel. When I try to use the mouse to change the fractional numbers, the button only goes in and out and there is no way or no click spot or rotating the wheel to make the numbers change. I hope that there is a fix for this problem. The 172 is what I am using to do my instrument check ride in the near future and really hope I can get it to work. Does anyone know if there is an update on this plane?
That's obviously only an issue on your side so I wouldn't expect a fix as there is nothing broken with the code. It works just fine here. I'm just flying the 172 and tried it, no issues. But if you have just downloaded the aircraft you might not have the latest version. Go to your start menue, look for A2A and there you find the 172 updater (Or just search for it in the start menue).

Also make sure that you don't save any addon aircraft as your default flight. this will run you into issues for certain too.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”