I have several problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
pluchino
Airman Basic

I have several problems

Post by pluchino »

I have several problems with my C172 Trained I´ve just downloaded yesterday
1) No sound at all
2) No strings tied in to the wings at start
3) No hangar and any other window at the view display, no fuel or payload window at all, no preflight diagram shown.
4) I cant start engine, if I turn the ingnition key, no sound, no prop spin, no signals when turn batt on.

I have fsx with SP1 AND SP2 already installed. So many problems that I think is someting missing in the download zip.

PD: Sorry for my English, Im from LEVX, i tried my best.

Victor.
Victor LEVX

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: I have several problems

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

1) thats an issue maybe reinstall (Accu-sim sound plays through default windows sound device btw so if this isnt what you are listening through some sounds will be missing though normal FSX sounds should still play just fine)

2) Ropes are only attached when C&D is selected or the tie downs are selected from the shift-2 menu after the flight

3) Do the shift +2,3,4,5 etc work on your default aircraft. These are default FSX keys so can be remapped using the FSX controls screen

4) error that reinstall might solve. Though it might be worth also reinstalling you simconnect;

- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pluchino
Airman Basic

Post by pluchino »

Everything solved!!!!
First I Uninstall the Cessna then reinstalled SP1 & SP2
Run DirectX from the download but send me an error log. :( Instead of that I proceed with reinstalling Simmconect an then I downloaded again the zip from A2A. Run the installation and all worked.

Now I am a happy virtual pilot again :D :D :D
Thank you a lot.

Victor
Victor LEVX

Cycliste1961
Airman First Class

Post by Cycliste1961 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

1) thats an issue maybe reinstall (Accu-sim sound plays through default windows sound device btw so if this isnt what you are listening through some sounds will be missing though normal FSX sounds should still play just fine)

2) Ropes are only attached when C&D is selected or the tie downs are selected from the shift-2 menu after the flight

3) Do the shift +2,3,4,5 etc work on your default aircraft. These are default FSX keys so can be remapped using the FSX controls screen

4) error that reinstall might solve. Though it might be worth also reinstalling you simconnect;

- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer

Thanks,
Lewis
I have run into the same install and functionality problems on my client machine (it installed perfectly on my server machine). I use OPUS FSX views on my client; I don't need a completely functional aircraft - it's just for external views, however, the propeller doesn't spin and I cannot start the engine using the CTRL-E nor access the shift windows.
I will try your solutions Lewis. I take it the C172 should be installed after in installing DirectX and SimConnect as per your links above.

So far the rest is A-OK, the only thing left is the EGT reference needle that doesn't move. I used the Trainer config tools and set it up with my propeller lever. It works when I enable the controls in FSX but not when I use FSUIPC.

I have to say this again: Kudos for a fantastic simulator! :D
Intel i7-3770K, 16GB DDR3-1600 Ram, EVGA GTX970 FTW, Corsair AX 850, Windows 10 64bit, P3Dv3. TrackIR 5, CH Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant, 3 monitors. EFB, ASN on client computer

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad its solved, when issues like this happen is normally because FSX installation is corrupt beyond repair and needs reinstalling or the service packs need re-applying due to corruption. However before coming out and saying this its always best to the try the smaller things such as reinstall of simconnetc and direct X9.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”