gns 400 doesnt show distance and time

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
clmooring
Airman First Class

gns 400 doesnt show distance and time

Post by clmooring »

When using direct to feature of the gns 400, the distance and time enroute info is blank. shouldnt it show automatically

clmooring
Airman First Class

Re: gns 400 doesnt show distance and time

Post by clmooring »

I checked my installation of the civilian p51. when I turn on the battery and turn on the gns 400, I can enter a direct to destination and the distance is displayed. If I do exactly the same thing in the 172 for the same airport, the distance and time remaining en-route do not show.

any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I will check that. Both GPS units are rather the same.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Q_Flyer

Post by Q_Flyer »

Hi just to confirm, this happens for me with the 196 too (or is it a 296?)........ anyway the small stick on GPS unit too. :)

No distance or time en-route is displayed (they are 'dashed out')... GS is displayed.

Cheers.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

This is caused by the RXP GNS530/430. On that unit, there is a click spot that changes from the RXP unit being default, to the FSX GPS. being default You have to right click it to switch between the two. I was going to bring this up, with pictures etc, but I've been too busy.

I don't know if the problem exists if you don't have the RXP installed, but if you DO have it installed, and don't want to use it, you have to bring up the pop up window, and click on that clickspot, it DOES NOT work in the VC. The clickspot is on the bottom bezel, on the right hand side, just to the left of the rotary knobs. By default it's set for the RXP to be the active GPS. I think this needs to be changed somehow. Maybe in the .ini file for the RXP?

Anyway, that's why there is no data for the 400, and 295. Once it's switched, the data will appear :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

clmooring
Airman First Class

Post by clmooring »

Tigerclaw wrote:This is caused by the RXP GNS530/430. On that unit, there is a click spot that changes from the RXP unit being default, to the FSX GPS. being default You have to right click it to switch between the two. I was going to bring this up, with pictures etc, but I've been too busy.

I don't know if the problem exists if you don't have the RXP installed, but if you DO have it installed, and don't want to use it, you have to bring up the pop up window, and click on that clickspot, it DOES NOT work in the VC. The clickspot is on the bottom bezel, on the right hand side, just to the left of the rotary knobs. By default it's set for the RXP to be the active GPS. I think this needs to be changed somehow. Maybe in the .ini file for the RXP?

Anyway, that's why there is no data for the 400, and 295. Once it's switched, the data will appear :)

Hmm.... I very much appreciate the feedback. But I am not following. I do have the rxp530 installed. But I am using A2A's implementation of the GNS 400 gps. I havent tried the small window mounted unit.

So when I am using the the GNS400 i dont have distance and time info displayed. I am not tracking what you are saying i have to do to get the info to show in the GNS400.

I am going to try clicking the bezel in the 400 gps and see what happens.

thanks again.

clmooring
Airman First Class

Post by clmooring »

Tigerclaw wrote:This is caused by the RXP GNS530/430. On that unit, there is a click spot that changes from the RXP unit being default, to the FSX GPS. being default You have to right click it to switch between the two. I was going to bring this up, with pictures etc, but I've been too busy.

After re-reading and clicking all over the place, are you saying that if I have the rxp 530 installed i have to go to an .ini file to change a setting?

I thought you were saying that I could pop up the gns 400 2d window and click on a spot that would tell the simulation to use the windows database for the gns400? but I couldnt find a click spot on the gns 400 popup other than the obvious buttons and dials; all of which have specific functions.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

No ini editing at this stage, no. That is for the Dev's maybe.

If you bring up the control window <shift>3 you'll see an option to select what GPS you want to use, or NO GPS at all. Your's will probably say GNS400. Press that option until you see the 530. it will be in your VC on the top of the radio stack. On that gps is a click spot to bring up the 530 window, (the map area), click it and bring up the GPS window. Look at the windowed GPS. On the bottom bezel, on the right hand side, just to the left of the round knobs is a clickspot. If you hover over it, a tooltip will say something like RXP 530 is the active GPS. If you now RIGHT click that spot and hold until you hear a beep, you will switch to the default FSX GPS. That is basically what A2A are using, with a different bezel (the 400/295). When you've switched, the tool tip will say something like FSX GPS is the Active GPS. If you see that, the data you're looking for will appear on the 400 and 295.
Now go back to the <shift>3 window, and select the 400 or 295 option, and voila the data is there for you to see.

Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

clmooring
Airman First Class

Post by clmooring »

Tigerclaw wrote:No ini editing at this stage, no..... and voila the data is there for you to see.

TaDa! worked just as described.

Thanks!!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”