Aircarft selection menu

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
N6722c
Staff Sergeant

Aircarft selection menu

Post by N6722c »

SUGGESTION
==========

Ref: Selection of A2A aircraft in FSX aircraft selection menu.

The way an Aircraft can be selected, or aircraft get filtered for display, depends on it's UI settings in aircraft.cfg.

This is particularly important for Multiplayer, and even more so for shared cockpit.
Once a plane is out there with given setting, typically it is not a good idea to change those UI definitions, but this may be an exception.

OK, so A2A C172R is not going to run in Shared Cockpit, but it will run in Multplayer, so it might be worth considering standardizing on these UI names, before the 1st update (that most people will get)

CURRENTLY:
ui_manufacturer=A2A Cessna
ui_type="C172R Skyhawk"
ui_variation="N7274H"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
description=""

Thumbnail shows a Cessna with Blue background

SUGGESTED CHANGE:
ui_manufacturer="Cessna"
ui_type="C172R Skyhawk"
ui_variation="N7274H"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
description="A stable and trustworthy plane ..... Whatever A2A wants to say about the Plane -------- have ensured its continued popularity for decades."

Thumbnail shows same plane, same Background, but with A2A logo in sky as well.
Reasons.

(1) Manufacture is "Cessna", not "A2A Cessna"
By making a Fictional Manufacturer, one does not find the A2A C172R under "Cessna"

By making it just "Cessna" the plane will appear correctly with all the other Cessna Planes, and when one sees the Thumbnail of the Aircraft Type C172R, itindicates that it an A2A "developed" Plane, with the Inclusion of the A2A Logo, in the Thumbnail.

(2) If one filters by Publisher and selects "A2A Simulations Inc", ( ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc." ) one will still see all the "A2A Simulations Inc. developed aircraft"
=========

Agreed, and minor issue, but with more and more developers not following the same UI naming standards, its fast becoming a random mess.

If there is going to be a "must have" update, that would be the time to get it right for everyone, and adhere to the logic behind FSX's Aircraft selection Interface.

Its one of my "Pet Peeves", that many other Aircraft developers share :)
Geoff

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Aircarft selection menu

Post by Molly - A2A »

lol, I'm just like you, I always have to go into every aircraft.cfg and change the ui_manufacturer and createdby so everything fits like default. Even the typerole like single engine prop etc. PMDG changes that which I found weird.. why put "737-800" or whatever in the typerole? The whole point of that is to categorize by the generalized role of aircraft. If you select the publisher you should not have so many aircraft that you can't find the one you want.

rant mode off :P At least it is a very easy tweak to make ourselves.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”