No HEAVY BREATHING before I pass out @ 15,000ft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
N6722c
Staff Sergeant

No HEAVY BREATHING before I pass out @ 15,000ft

Post by N6722c »

I did not hear any HEAVY BREATHING ( BreathSound) when I was O2 deprived, before I passed out.

SUGGESTIONS

When I did Pass out -- VERY COOL -- was impressed I could not manipulate the plane, but it would have been even more impressive, of when I blanked out, that the sound dies.

I realize this is a problem, as there is no easy way to determine the state of the FSX Sound state, but there are a few work arounds.

The most obvious is that A2A can already LOWER the sound when the headset is put on, so why not use that technique to lower the sound to Silence, when the pilot has passed-out ?
Last edited by N6722c on 07 Sep 2013, 13:50, edited 2 times in total.
Geoff

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: No HEAVY BREATHING before I pass out @ 15,000ft

Post by Scott - A2A »

Geoff,

OK, I just want to suggest you not use the big letters with color. We can all read normal text just fine.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

N6722c
Staff Sergeant

Post by N6722c »

Scott - A2A wrote:Geoff,

OK, I just want to suggest you not use the big letters with color. We can all read normal text just fine.

Scott.
I was using color and text size to impart information.

RED = something that defiantly seems to be a bug
Orange = something that may be a bug / suggestion
Green = Something that does not seem to be a bug.

Larger text = The main emphasis of the post.

I realize that everyone can read normal white text, but if my post is trying to get across a complex idea, color and text size does help.

It's your forum -- if you are telling me to only use Normal White Text, I will of course do so, otherwise I would like to continue using my normal posting style, as I feel it makes my post clearer and easier to understand.

Maybe, as a compromise, cut down on the Big Text ? (might be an issue on small Tablets/phones) ?
Geoff

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

ya passed out at 15k?! thats low! Ive flown at 15k for a little over 3 hours. I live at high altitude though. still, maybe A2A can simulate a Cannula? that would be nice, especially since the Cannulas have to be filled every 6 hours or so. a little more immersion to the plane. maybe in a patch. °CROSSING FINGERS!°

JDW

N6722c
Staff Sergeant

Post by N6722c »

Rarebear wrote:ya passed out at 15k?! thats low! Ive flown at 15k for a little over 3 hours. I live at high altitude though. still, maybe A2A can simulate a Cannula? that would be nice, especially since the Cannulas have to be filled every 6 hours or so. a little more immersion to the plane. maybe in a patch. °CROSSING FINGERS!°

JDW
I wonder how many hours before the A2A C172R cannot make it up past 13,000 ft !!

+1 for the Cannulas :wink:

http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/12981
Geoff

Mr.Düssel
Airman First Class

Re: AW: No HEAVY BREATHING before I pass out @ 15,000ft

Post by Mr.Düssel »

and btw, light yellow on a white background isn't readable...

Gesendet vom Handy....

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

N6722c wrote:
Rarebear wrote:ya passed out at 15k?! thats low! Ive flown at 15k for a little over 3 hours. I live at high altitude though. still, maybe A2A can simulate a Cannula? that would be nice, especially since the Cannulas have to be filled every 6 hours or so. a little more immersion to the plane. maybe in a patch. °CROSSING FINGERS!°

JDW
I wonder how many hours before the A2A C172R cannot make it up past 13,000 ft !!

+1 for the Cannulas :wink:

http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/12981
Ive flown A2A 172 at 14k for quite a bit and not passed out. maybe it starts at 15 or 14,5 not sure. will test.

JDW

N6722c
Staff Sergeant

Re: AW: No HEAVY BREATHING before I pass out @ 15,000ft

Post by N6722c »

Mr.Düssel wrote:and btw, light yellow on a white background isn't readable...

Gesendet vom Handy....
Thanks MrDüssel

I know can see where I was going wrong !!

This Forum has 2 Styles. Prosilver (light background) and Subsilver2 (dark background)

I was using the Dark Background Subsilver2, and my color choices did not cause yellow on white.

I'll go fix that on my past posts...

You might want to check out the Subsilver2 style, I think the design is far better, and the display is far more restful on the eyes. By comparison, the default (standard) ProSilver looks Dated and barren.

What is Ironic, is that when using the DEFAULT Style, Scott's name is barely readable, as it appears as light yellow on a light background, as the Topic Author. :roll:

So, I'm going back to the Subsilver2 style.. ( Its far better !! )
Geoff

Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

I got up to 16,500 but not passed out, only for about 10 minutes though, how long do I need to fly at altitude to see this effect?
thanks

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

N6722c wrote:I realize that everyone can read normal white text, but if my post is trying to get across a complex idea, color and text size does help.
You are talking to people who develop complex flight simulation products for a living and not to 5 year olds. I think they can manage to comprehend an inquiry like that (what exactly is complex about it?) without condescending color coding. ;)

Also, I think using multiple colors and font sizes causes distraction and makes posts harder to read.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

It takes between 10 minutes and never to pass out at 14,500ft (people live at 15,000ft or better). It all depends on your body type, experience, and general health on the day.

McCudden chased German observation aeroplanes at anything up to 18,000ft for an hour at a time, no oxygen. Many could not have done that.

Personally I like the "passing out without warning" for a civilian aircraft. The fact is, hypoxia is insidious and brings about a feeling of well being. A trained military pilot (a la Spit, P-40, Mustang) will probably recognise the signs. A civ pilot will probably not.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Killratio wrote:It takes between 10 minutes and never to pass out at 14,500ft (people live at 15,000ft or better). It all depends on your body type, experience, and general health on the day.

McCudden chased German observation aeroplanes at anything up to 18,000ft for an hour at a time, no oxygen. Many could not have done that.

Personally I like the "passing out without warning" for a civilian aircraft. The fact is, hypoxia is insidious and brings about a feeling of well being. A trained military pilot (a la Spit, P-40, Mustang) will probably recognise the signs. A civ pilot will probably not.

Darryl

I dont know about that. I have been up to 18,000 in my 182 with a friend for about 30 minutes. I did notice slurred speech words that I would forget and my friend was starting to sound funny and was really happy.

I have done LONG flights at 15,500 and after a while I say 3 hours I starting getting headaches which is an indication of Hypoxia. Also numbing of limbs,discoloration of finger nails and lips,sleepiness all these are signs of Hypoxia.

I dont think just passing out in 3 seconds is very true to life. Although its true that you will pass out.

JDW

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Generally you won't pass out in three seconds. I don't know exactly how it's coded but I've done many flights at this altitude in Accusim aircraft and never encountered the onset that quickly. It will usually warn you as well, but it's easy to not notice. Flying that high, that's illegal without oxygen right? I need to check my FAR/AIM (on campus at the moment) but I thought you were required to have oxygen inboard for anything over 10,000.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

CodyValkyrie wrote:Generally you won't pass out in three seconds. I don't know exactly how it's coded but I've done many flights at this altitude in Accusim aircraft and never encountered the onset that quickly. It will usually warn you as well, but it's easy to not notice. Flying that high, that's illegal without oxygen right? I need to check my FAR/AIM (on campus at the moment) but I thought you were required to have oxygen inboard for anything over 10,000.
Cody, Yes it is illegal, but whose gonna chase me down in mexico? lol.

here is the FAR
General, NO PERSON MAY OPERATE A CIVIL AIRCRAFT OF U.S. REGISTRY___
FAR91.211

1. At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet MSL up to and including 14,000 feet MSL unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen for the part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration.

2. At cabin pressure altitudes above 14,000 feet MSL unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen during the entire flight time at those altitudes; and

3 At cabin pressure altitudes above 15,000 MSL unless each occupant of the aircraft is provided with supplemental oxygen.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Rarebear wrote:
Cody, Yes it is illegal, but whose gonna chase me down in mexico? lol.
LOL. True! I suspect they are much more worried about other things down there. :)

Thanks for the verbatim excerpt. I have such a hard time remembering hard numbers. This is why I am such a stickler for manuals. As is, if I didn't have a place to set my keys every day for memory I would inevitably lock myself out of the house.
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”