No HEAVY BREATHING before I pass out @ 15,000ft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Re: No HEAVY BREATHING before I pass out @ 15,000ft

Post by Pistonpilot »

CodyValkyrie wrote:I thought you were required to have oxygen inboard for anything over 10,000.
I think it's 12,500' in the US. Here's the regulation:

"§91.211 Supplemental oxygen

(a) General. No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S. registry—

(1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to and including 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen for that part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration..."

The regs get pretty fancy about that topic after that bit, but 12,500' is the cut-off! I did some flying at 11,500' in an unpressurized Piper Seminole without blacking out during some multi-engine training, for reference. ;)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Flying Accusim aircraft one should be warned earlier. It should start from a subtle vision distortions and then deeper and longer breaths before going into more dynamic sensations.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

CodyValkyrie wrote:
Rarebear wrote:
Cody, Yes it is illegal, but whose gonna chase me down in mexico? lol.
LOL. True! I suspect they are much more worried about other things down there. :)

Thanks for the verbatim excerpt. I have such a hard time remembering hard numbers. This is why I am such a stickler for manuals. As is, if I didn't have a place to set my keys every day for memory I would inevitably lock myself out of the house.
Oh God! its two of us in the world! lol! The only reason I remember is uhh, uhh, because Im holding the Far Aim in my hand. LOL

JDW

Mr.Düssel
Airman First Class

Post by Mr.Düssel »

Ok.....

I have this heavy breathing just now.... it begans at 14000ft with a light pulsation of the cockpit until it became faster and faster and than the screen turns black - now it seems to be that I´m unconcsious? Hmmm, I descend under 12000ft, but nothing happens.... Am I dead? :roll:

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

There is a chance you will wake up if go below and won't crash.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”