Saving plane state in-flight

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
crum
Senior Airman

Saving plane state in-flight

Post by crum »

I want to train landings and for that purpose trying to save a flight while plane is on final approach. Flight is saved, but on reload plane systems state is not restored properly (i. e. flaps retracted, lights off and so on). I know it's FSX flaw saving state of complex third-party aircrafts, but is there any way to make it possible to restore desired plane state via AccuSim or some other method?

Maybe some kind of predefined states (like it's done for PMDG NGX) - "Ready for takeoff", "Ready for landing" could be implemented in AccuSim?
Artem Crum
EASA PPL-SEL
LINDA Developer

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Saving plane state in-flight

Post by Scott - A2A »

crum,

Currently we have no way of saving the configurations in flight. We keep thinking of ways to do this though, as moving forward for training, it's important.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

crum
Senior Airman

Post by crum »

Scott,
Thanks for reply.

Actually, I can simulate this feature with Lua scripting. Working on LINDA module right now, so will try to do some tests in this direction. Not seems difficult as all switches are directly accesible via Lua.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL-SEL
LINDA Developer

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

crum wrote:Scott,
Actually, I can simulate this feature with Lua scripting. Working on LINDA module right now, so will try to do some tests in this direction. Not seems difficult as all switches are directly accesible via Lua.
Sounds interesting. I just Googled for Lua and Linda: does this mean that I can download that software, download the script you are working on and then everything is saved...? Is this dependant on my controllers or do you simply access the ingame controls somehow.... Yeah, I obviously have no clue about this all. But I'd love to see this working!

crum
Senior Airman

Post by crum »

J van E wrote: Sounds interesting. I just Googled for Lua and Linda: does this mean that I can download that software, download the script you are working on and then everything is saved...? Is this dependant on my controllers or do you simply access the ingame controls somehow.... Yeah, I obviously have no clue about this all. But I'd love to see this working!
Check this topic: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376920-lin ... ed-manual/

LINDA is pretty flexible system and if it will be possible, I'll try to make a set of pre-defined plane states or maybe even full plane knobs/switches state auto save. We'll see...
Artem Crum
EASA PPL-SEL
LINDA Developer

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

crum wrote:or maybe even full plane knobs/switches state auto save. We'll see...
I am sure a lot of people would love that! For now I save the flight everytime I've ended it just so I will have the same frequencies and so on plus the various DG's etc. as they were but having that all saved automatically would be great!

EDIT
I had a look at that manual. Er... interesting but I'll gladly leave it up to you to figure this all out LOL :wink:

smokeyupahead
Staff Sergeant

Post by smokeyupahead »

crum wrote:
J van E wrote: Sounds interesting. I just Googled for Lua and Linda: does this mean that I can download that software, download the script you are working on and then everything is saved...? Is this dependant on my controllers or do you simply access the ingame controls somehow.... Yeah, I obviously have no clue about this all. But I'd love to see this working!
Check this topic: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376920-lin ... ed-manual/

LINDA is pretty flexible system and if it will be possible, I'll try to make a set of pre-defined plane states or maybe even full plane knobs/switches state auto save. We'll see...
That would be nice! Thanks...

David
Cheers,
David DD

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”