Control lock automatically engages

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
maverick260
Airman

Control lock automatically engages

Post by maverick260 »

I've had this on multiple occasions now.
When i give full elevator (nose down) the control lock pin automatically pops up
Any ideas? It has cost me multiple props and aileron controls already :(
ImageImage

Bushido
Airman

Re: Control lock automatically engages

Post by Bushido »

Hello I also have this problem twice not sure though if it is link to full elevator control for my part.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

I have had this happen when to me.

when you park the aircraft with the control lock engaged; the next time you start FSX your saved state is not fully remembered. it appears that the lock is off but if you push the yoke forward (doing control full free and correct), the lock suddenly re engages.

I know its a bug. But it shows the necessity of following a full pre takeoff checklist.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

maverick260
Airman

Post by maverick260 »

Thanks for the Tip RT!
ImageImage

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Romeo_Tango wrote:I have had this happen when to me.

when you park the aircraft with the control lock engaged; the next time you start FSX your saved state is not fully remembered. it appears that the lock is off but if you push the yoke forward (doing control full free and correct), the lock suddenly re engages.
Yep, that's what happens. Always do your checks, just in case :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I will try to auto-disengage the lock if the plane moves.
You use different controllers (I mean joystics and similar devices), different calibrations... I won't fight it - I will just plug that pin out when in move. Please, report back after the incoming update in case of problems.

Now, I would suggest to recalibrate your devices, it may help and never hurts.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

ROB - A2A wrote:I will try to auto-disengage the lock if the plane moves.
You use different controllers (I mean joystics and similar devices), different calibrations... I won't fight it - I will just plug that pin out when in move. Please, report back after the incoming update in case of problems.

Now, I would suggest to recalibrate your devices, it may help and never hurts.

regards
ROB
Awww don't do that :( People have to learn that not doing the proper checks WILL have consequences. Next you'll be replacing the oil for everyone who "forgets" to do an oil change ;)

Such a shame :(

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I have to that just in case someone starts/continues a flight in the air.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bushido
Airman

Post by Bushido »

The best solution will be to have the control lock graphically engaged so that you can see the control are locked.
When doing the check list you look at your control and see that they are not locked so having the lock pin that suddenly jump into the control come as a surprise.

But thanks for the tip pushing full forward effectively engage the lock so that solve the problem.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Oh yeah, I forgot that sometimes in multi player you get put in the air. Okay then, short of rewriting FSX totally, I'll give you that one.

Things like that must break your heart after all the work that is put into your addons. I really feel for you :(

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”