another 2 small bugs

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tomerhm
Airman

another 2 small bugs

Post by tomerhm »

First I want to say. A2A C172 is wonderful addon and I will recommend all my friends use this aircraft.

I want to report another small 2 bugs:

1. sometimes, when I pull throttle (to level flight or idle to land) it cause to mixture handle also to pull out... I just pull black handle and I see red handle go out...

2. I made alot of takeoff test with this aircraft and also real aircraft, its takes the engine too much time to get full efficiency.
static RPM goes immediately to 2300 (normal indication to 180HP model) but engine develop full power just after 8 seconds (I checked with simulation varible).
this cause problems with touch and go and go around manuvers.
In real life, I used to make a touch and go on 903M runway (with trees and pylons at the end of rwy) but with this aircraft I cant do it safely.
the engine of real C172 engine should be to get full efficiency in 1-2 seconds speccialy in hot days

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: another 2 small bugs

Post by Scott - A2A »

tomerhm,

Two things.

1. If you are doing a short field takeoff, use full power and brakes. You will see the appropriate ground roll.
2. We were very conservative using the Accu-Sim to FSX interface to make sure things work correctly on all systems. We have increased this efficiency for an update, which you should like

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

tomerhm
Airman

Post by tomerhm »

Hi Scott

I have no problem making short takeoff with A2A model, just needs to wait 8 sec befor brake release, (In real life I needs to wait only for static RPM indication 1-2 sec) the problem I have is only with touch and go and go around.

by the way, also when reducing power to idle it takes the engine 5-8 sec to goes to idle, (the indication shows idle rpm but the engine still makes power)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Can you please check your FSX settings, do you have auto mixture set to ON by mistake?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tomerhm
Airman

Post by tomerhm »

no

I dont have "enabble automixtue" checked

but, this line is from aircraft.cfg
fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1

I tried to set 0 but the problem with engine power still occurs

Alec246
Airman First Class

Post by Alec246 »

Same here.

I think the engine response is a pretty much on the slow side of the curve. I fly an aircraft with a Lycoming O-320-B2B 160HP, and if I slam the throttle forward, I get that RPM needle to go up much faster, but of course it will make the Engine sputter. It takes about 2 seconds maximum to get maximum power. This C172 however takes much more time. I need to wait a good 5 seconds before it can actually output the thrust to get me moving.

During one go around, I almost ended on a tree because of that.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”