Flaps only work with keyboard

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Villan
Airman Basic

Flaps only work with keyboard

Post by Villan »

I have had this problem from day 1 of getting the 172 and the flaps have driven me nuts from that day.
Every plane I have the flaps work with the Saitek PZ70 pro flight multi panel or I can use a leaver from one of my PZ45 even both at the same time. The simple press of F6 or F7 will make the flaps go up or down one click but there is no way I can get the A2A 172 flaps to work with my panel. All my FSX controls are done with FSUIPC and SPAD. I can get in my 206 and the flaps work but when I try and use the 172 with the 206 profile it the flaps will not work. Using the 172 profile I can pick what ever plane I want and the flaps will work with my panel. Even my spitfire the flaps work using the panel

The flights I have done I used my mouse to change my flaps

FSX SP1, Acceleration
Win7 64bit, i7 4770K, 16GB Ram, SSD drives
Saitek Pro flight yoke system, 2 Throttle Quadrants PZ45, Cessna trim wheel, Saitek PZ70 Pro Flight Multi Panel, Saitek pro flight switch panel, Saitek PRO Flight BIP panel, 2 PZ69 radio stacks plus Saitek pedals

Darryl

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Re: Flaps only work with keyboard

Post by Tigerclaw »

Did you look at the C172 Configurator in the tools folder? If your panels show up in there, you should be able to set it up with that tool. I think. If not, what about Spad, can't you set a switch from your panels to emulate the F6 and F7 keys? That's what I have done in Spad for my Saitek panels.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Villan
Airman Basic

Re: Flaps only work with keyboard

Post by Villan »

Got it working by doing a reinstall of the C172 and deleting the FSUIPC and SPAD profiles. I think it was more the reinstall that fixed it.
With that Configurator tool mine show as Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, yoke, trim wheel, flight quadrant.

Now have to work out the master BAT,ALT to work with my switch's as I don't use a slider.
My switch's work they just don't rock only the avionics switch will rock.

Darryl

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”