Altimeter knob goflight

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
formula100
Airman Basic

Altimeter knob goflight

Post by formula100 »

I finally got my 430 issue resolved but now I have some rather small items and they involve Goflight modules and standard assignments.

I have the OBS1 OBS2 and the heading bug indicator mapped to a Goflight turn knob module but the Altimeter will not work. It does work with other planes.
I have the landing gear module that has a switch for switching fuel tanks but doesn't work. It does work with other planes
I have the SECM (Single engine control module) master switches that kind of work in that they don't act as on/off like other planes. I have to switch them twice to put them in the proper position. No other plane does this.

I wonder if these assignments are using non-standard programming somehow. If so, many people with these modules and the uber expensive Elite and PFC consoles will not work properly. I have seen some Saitek issues on here that are similar to these problems too.

Is it possible to provide the standard assignments in a patch?

Thanks
Charles

zinny
Airman

Re: Altimeter knob goflight

Post by zinny »

Charles

I have many of the GoFlight modules also and the same problems here , I could not imagine flying again by using the mouse to select knobs,etc.
ImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Well, the altimeter knob probably works, but currently it sets the autopilot altimeter, not the one on the panel. Please check if your autopilot BARO setting changes when you use the Goflight.

As for the other things, we will try to make it compatible with different hardware, but we cannot guarantee out-of-the-box compatibility with every switch panel on the market. Especially if those panels not only control some switches, but also read plain data from FSX, not from Accusim.
Michael Krawczyk

formula100
Airman Basic

Post by formula100 »

Thanks for your reply.

My altimeter knob doesn't work the autopilot either AFAIK tell. I hope you can make it work but if not no problem I should have done my homework and waited to see if it would work with my hardware. I know several airliners have issues with standard commands but I assumed a 172 would be pretty standard due to its simple systems. Maybe a warning would be helpful to folks with dedicated hardware.

It does fly well but the spark plug fouling seems a little overdone. I think this plane would be very helpful to anyone working towards their PPL. I will park it and check back later and see if you guys find a solution.

Thanks again,
Charles

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”