FSUIPC INFO

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
fleahead
Airman

Re: FSUIPC INFO

Post by fleahead »

Any idea what command, either FSUIPC or FSX, would control the UP/DOWN buttons of the KAP 140? I tried VS up/down and AP PITCH but nothing matches. Also the ARM button would be helpful. I tried making mouse macros, but apparently that FSUIPC feature will not work with A2A stuff. Couldn't get it to work with the J3 either.
Fleahead
Ohio
MSFS
i7-12700 - RTX4080 - Pimax Crystal

CCole
Airman

Re: Up/Down buttons

Post by CCole »

Hi, have you tried assigning them via the A2A config-tool?

djrisc
Airman

Post by djrisc »

Is it possible to assign a button to AP Altitude Up/Down more granularity? I've tried both the regular FSUIPC entries for it and the "fast" settings and they both change the altitude by 1,000ft. I know with other aircraft the regular setting changes it by only 100ft which would be more desirable.

Thanks!

Dirk DECAT
Airman

V frequencies

Post by Dirk DECAT »

To all users of FSUIPC :

When flying the A2A C172, I was not able tu set COM and NAV frequencies. See separate topic on this subject.

Here is the solution : Open FSUIPC and go to Miscellaneous.
In the left colum about halfway, you see an item on MOUSE.
You can thick at TRIM MOVE and MOUSE LOOK.
Set a thick only at MOUSE LOOK.

Now you can set all COM and NAV frequencies as on the tutorial, just click on a button and set frequency using the mouse scroll wheel.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello dirk that is the default for FSX and FSUIPC if you change it for zoom etc you will not be able to use the full multifunction switches on our and other developers aircraft.

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

motoadve
BDG

Post by motoadve »

Latest version of FSUIPC calibrated brakes and now I have a problem.
When full on I get no brakes, I release a bit, get differential brakes, release a bit more and get brakes.

Any ideas?

Now even if I delete FSUIPC ini file and use Prepar3D controls I get this problem
Also even if I delete Prepar3D.ini.

I think something got changed in the A2A 172 cfg file? any ideas?
All other planes are fine though.

motoadve
BDG

Post by motoadve »

My A2A cfg file this is what I have for brakes.
Is this the default value?

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1.0 //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 1.00 //Brake scalar
auto_brakes =0
hydraulic_system_scalar=0.00000
differential_braking_scale=1.00

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello motoadve be best for you to start a new thread listing your hardware and the issue

thanks,
Lewis

catmar1944
Airman First Class

Post by catmar1944 »

jmann wrote:
FlipS wrote:Peter Dowson released a new version of FSUIPC (v 4.923) compatible with Prepar3D v2.0.
Heck yeah! Won't be long and we can put FSX back in the box and pull it out every now and then and reminisce much like FS9.
Not taken the plunge into Prepar3D but is it much better than FSX don't want to spend more money if there is no real justification to do so.

Thanks.

Clive

antonvs
Airman

Post by antonvs »

Hi. I have come back to the C172 trainer after leaving it for more than 3 years due mainly to ongoing loss of click spot issues. I have just downloaded the latest a2a_update_01_26_2015 in the hope that all this issues would be long gone as I love the plane.

However I still have these issues like not being able to select GPS/NAV on the button for this. Also no being able to scroll through selections in the GPS.

I have the paid version of FSUIPC4 and wonder if this has some effect. I also remember seeing mention when I ran the update that if this happens to disable Runway illumination. The next problem I ran into was that I can not find this reference. I can only assume this must have been mentioned when the installer ran but is not available to be read when the installer finishes.

On a side note: Please please consider putting small left/right arrows where the click spots are on the GPS knobs, other plane makers have done this and it makes it a pleasure to use. I can only assume that this is not done in the interests of authenticity, but a VC is not real so this would be a nice compromise. Cheers Anton.

Anton via Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Anton,

Can I please ask you create a new thread so we can better help you.

thanks,
Lewis

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

I have a problem since I installed FSX SE, and re-installed my A2A aircraft. IF - I load the default FSX Cessna 172, my axis assignments through FSUIPC work fine. I have the Saitek X-55 controls, and have assigned the left throttle to the throttle, and the knob on top of the right throttle to the mixture. The throttle works smoothly, as does the mixture. There is no assignment in the FSX controls set-up for mixture (on the throttle control). Just the FSUIPC axis and joystick cal.

When I load the A2A Cessna 172, however, the mixture goes haywire. As I rotate the knob, the mixture jumps in and out. Going into FSUIPC, and checking the joystick calibration, the numbers in the IN and OUT boxes fluctuate constantly, and there is no adjustment possible. I have already done a new fsx.ini to make sure everything was fresh, and re-loaded the A2A Cessna - same thing. If I quit and reload FSX, and load the default Cessna, everything is back to normal.

So it is the A2A Cessna right now that is causing the problem. I have not tried loading a different A2A aircraft, like the P-51, to see if that also causes the problem. As far as I know, I have the latest in the C-172 (and P-51) software. So does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I do have the latest FSUIPC, for FSX SE, also.
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

gpbarth wrote:I have a problem since I installed FSX SE, and re-installed my A2A aircraft. IF - I load the default FSX Cessna 172, my axis assignments through FSUIPC work fine. I have the Saitek X-55 controls, and have assigned the left throttle to the throttle, and the knob on top of the right throttle to the mixture. The throttle works smoothly, as does the mixture. There is no assignment in the FSX controls set-up for mixture (on the throttle control). Just the FSUIPC axis and joystick cal.

When I load the A2A Cessna 172, however, the mixture goes haywire. As I rotate the knob, the mixture jumps in and out. Going into FSUIPC, and checking the joystick calibration, the numbers in the IN and OUT boxes fluctuate constantly, and there is no adjustment possible. I have already done a new fsx.ini to make sure everything was fresh, and re-loaded the A2A Cessna - same thing. If I quit and reload FSX, and load the default Cessna, everything is back to normal.

So it is the A2A Cessna right now that is causing the problem. I have not tried loading a different A2A aircraft, like the P-51, to see if that also causes the problem. As far as I know, I have the latest in the C-172 (and P-51) software. So does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I do have the latest FSUIPC, for FSX SE, also.
Hello Gary you would be better posting a new thread, but please remember we use custom controller settings to overcome FSX limitations for realism so by-passing FSX may not work with out addd-ons. Our add-ons do not require FSUIPC, and work fine out of the box, for advanced mapping we provide our input configuration.

Also for FSX: Stean edition make sure you follow both steps from here;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 08&t=44071

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
gpbarth wrote:I have a problem since I installed FSX SE, and re-installed my A2A aircraft. IF - I load the default FSX Cessna 172, my axis assignments through FSUIPC work fine. I have the Saitek X-55 controls, and have assigned the left throttle to the throttle, and the knob on top of the right throttle to the mixture. The throttle works smoothly, as does the mixture. There is no assignment in the FSX controls set-up for mixture (on the throttle control). Just the FSUIPC axis and joystick cal.

Hello Gary you would be better posting a new thread, but please remember we use custom controller settings to overcome FSX limitations for realism so by-passing FSX may not work with out addd-ons. Our add-ons do not require FSUIPC, and work fine out of the box, for advanced mapping we provide our input configuration.

Also for FSX: Stean edition make sure you follow both steps from here;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 08&t=44071

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I'll start a new thread, thanks. But I have tried going through FSX control set-up and ignoring FSUIPC, and the controls still do not work. Moving the mixture with the mouse (hold the left button down and drag) causes the mixture to "bounce" in and out - it will start to move out, jump back in, then jump out again. When I let go, it moves back to the full rich position. I have even "ignored" the axis in FSUIPC with no results. Off to a new thread.
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have at this time got my CH controls set to FSUIPC CAL not FS , and have the ail,ele,rud controls set to a slope of 2 , for the c172/c182/comanche 250.
Could any one let me know the recommend settings for these aircraft , to get the correct feel and feedback , on each of the aircraft , as at this time they feel a bit to light to me.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”