Reality XP GPS known issues (including FSX crash)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Reality XP GPS known issues (including FSX crash)

Post by some1 - A2A »

ryanbatc wrote:Tuning knobs is the same "easiness" with RXP vs the 155A's
Our knobs are bigger. Hmm, could become an advertising slogan....

Don't worry, I get your point.
Michael Krawczyk

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Although the RXP is nice, and it has functions that default GPS's don't, to be honest I prefer the no GPS option. I did a really nice flight last night and again today just using the "map" and VOR's with NDB's. I use the "map" as a flight map/sectional by selecting the most data for VOR's and NDB's with Frequencies etc. Level 3 is good for that. Use the DME for distances and times, and away you go.

Now all I have to do is stop flying inverted ;) and learn to land properly.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

You may begin to think I'm a "Child of the Magenta Line" (to quote an AAL presentation a while back). But really I'm quite good at all approaches. It's just that I enjoy having all types of nav equipment on-board my aircraft.

If I select the no-GPS option I get an authentic simulation, no doubt. Online I can fly /A - which is fine, but there's more I should be able to do filing /G with nav2 working. You may see it as whining, but I'm simply passionate about general aviation flying, and taking my flight simming online. People who use this as a VFR aircraft probably don't care about the issue, but for IFR it is a larger issue. This plane is touted as the new "standard of GA" for FSX. If it truly is to be, this RXP thing needs to get sorted. My opinion - if A2A is to even have the option of RXP it should be done correctly.

Thank you for your consideration,

Ryan

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

I have different problem to those mentioned here.

I have the RXP GNS430 & GNS530 (never use 430) also the RXP DMA (autopilot/transponder).

Everything worked fine, until FSX crashed, after that the GPS 530 will not turn on. It's
on the panel, the buttons are clickable, but it won't power up no matter what I do.

Also, the autopilot stopped working (not sure if this is a feature or bug) it developed an "alert"
on the display. On top of that, even though I'd set Alt Hold to 5000 ft, each time I enabled the
autopilot, the plane entered a dive with alot of down trim.

Also, if possible in a future update, I'd love to be able to have the RXP dropstack back if possible,
as it comes also with the DMA which at times is useful.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Neon wrote:I have different problem to those mentioned here.

I have the RXP GNS430 & GNS530 (never use 430) also the RXP DMA (autopilot/transponder).

Everything worked fine, until FSX crashed, after that the GPS 530 will not turn on. It's
on the panel, the buttons are clickable, but it won't power up no matter what I do.
Have you been to the hanger to check everything is alright?
Neon wrote:Also, the autopilot stopped working (not sure if this is a feature or bug) it developed an "alert"
on the display. On top of that, even though I'd set Alt Hold to 5000 ft, each time I enabled the
autopilot, the plane entered a dive with alot of down trim.
The "Alert" is altitude alerter, a feature of the autopilot. Don't think there's anything wrong there. The ALT Hold function doesn't work the same as a default FSX autopilot. I suggest reading the relevant manuals for the avionics, just to make sure you understand HOW they actually work. It's a bit tricky to start with, but this a unique avionics suit, and works very well once you are used to it. You have to re-learn how this one all works I think.
Neon wrote:Also, if possible in a future update, I'd love to be able to have the RXP dropstack back if possible,
as it comes also with the DMA which at times is useful.
Not tried it, so don't take this as a "fix" It might not even work in the A2A model. But RXP provide a tool to insert the GNS's as windows into a plane, including the stack you mention. Maybe use that?
BACK UP THE PANEL.CFG FILE FIRST
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Tigerclaw wrote: Have you been to the hanger to check everything is alright?
Yes I have been to the hangar, and everything is ok. I did have one minor issue with
fouled plugs, but that was promptly fixed as usual. The problem is because of the
consistency of the 172, the GNS 530 won't work at all now. I'm not sure if it's
an A2A issue (since no one else has had it, I doubt it is), and since it started from
an FSX crash, I'm wondering if it's a conflict caused by FSX crashing. I will reinstall
the 172 and see if it comes back. If it doesn't, then that means it's an RXP issue.
Tigerclaw wrote:The "Alert" is altitude alerter, a feature of the autopilot. Don't think there's anything wrong there. The ALT Hold function doesn't work the same as a default FSX autopilot. I suggest reading the relevant manuals for the avionics, just to make sure you understand HOW they actually work. It's a bit tricky to start with, but this a unique avionics suit, and works very well once you are used to it. You have to re-learn how this one all works I think.

Ahh good to know, figured it must be a feature.
Tigerclaw wrote:Not tried it, so don't take this as a "fix" It might not even work in the A2A model. But RXP provide a tool to insert the GNS's as windows into a plane, including the stack you mention. Maybe use that?
BACK UP THE PANEL.CFG FILE FIRST

Ahh I will try that. Thanks

There is one other issue which has never ever happened in the year or so I've had RXP.
The GNS 530 trainer software would crash. FSX kept working, but that issue happened
repeatedly on a fresh install on FSX. The only addons being RXP GNS 530W and the
A2A Cessna 172. I think maybe this may be related to the not being able to turn on
the GNS 530W in the C172.

Marvis
Airman

Post by Marvis »

Hello there...

I want to know if is possible to use the RXP GNS 430 and only a second radio??? I saw pics around here with this configuration, but everytime I choose to use RXP, I have both comm1 and comm2 under it...

Here is one... Image
user: kiwikat

or this one... Image user: papa-lima

I cant get this configuration, always the GNS in comm1, and the 2 comm radio behind, comm1 and comm2

Any help will be apprecieted...

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Would like to have a Bendix/King DME (1/2) beside using RXP :wink:

I am very happy A2A gave us the solution switching between equipment configs "in game". Beautiful.
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

n454mw
Staff Sergeant

Post by n454mw »

Hi, I've found an issue that I thought I'd report.

I reinstalled my os about two months ago and had been flying the cub since then. Because of that I hadn't reinstalled RXP until the 172 came out. I made a few flights without it and then decided to install RXP just to try it. Instantly I started having loading issues. I selected the panel with no GPS at all as a last resort thinking that would fix the problem but they kept happening. I finally opened up process explorer by sysinternals and with FSX running and the plane loaded sitting on the Tarmac, no GPS selected as the panel config, I could go into process explorer and the process "gns530" was trying to start about once a second.

I uninstalled RXP and edited out all of the entries in the panel Cfg that mentioned gns 430 or 530. It fixed the problem, but I'm at a loss as to why it happened to start with. I have an idea that it was because I used the RXP configuration utility but I'm not sure.

While looking around in the panel Cfg file I did happen to find duplicate entries for Vcockpit 3.

Mark
Thanks Mark

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Never experienced anything like that, sounds like a problem with rxp installation.
You may want to check if it works correctly if added to default fsx planes.
Michael Krawczyk

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

n454mw wrote:Hi, I've found an issue that I thought I'd report.

I reinstalled my os about two months ago and had been flying the cub since then. Because of that I hadn't reinstalled RXP until the 172 came out. I made a few flights without it and then decided to install RXP just to try it. Instantly I started having loading issues. I selected the panel with no GPS at all as a last resort thinking that would fix the problem but they kept happening. I finally opened up process explorer by sysinternals and with FSX running and the plane loaded sitting on the Tarmac, no GPS selected as the panel config, I could go into process explorer and the process "gns530" was trying to start about once a second.

I uninstalled RXP and edited out all of the entries in the panel Cfg that mentioned gns 430 or 530. It fixed the problem, but I'm at a loss as to why it happened to start with. I have an idea that it was because I used the RXP configuration utility but I'm not sure.

While looking around in the panel Cfg file I did happen to find duplicate entries for Vcockpit 3.

Mark
When you installed the RXP did you also install the Garmin 530 trainer? It won't work without it. I'm assuming you did,
but just checking to see if that's the issue ur having.

n454mw
Staff Sergeant

Post by n454mw »

Yep, I installed the trainer and I also checked it in another addon plane but not a default one. It doesn't really matter to me because I use foreflight on my ipad but just thought that might help some others. I still think it had something to do with using the RXP config utility because that adds entries into the panel cfg.

Thanks Mark
Thanks Mark

Flyingmax
Airman

Post by Flyingmax »

Discovered this hotfix after I gave up to try integrating the RXP530. Sadly, nothing of this helps. I've tried everything, replacing the panel.cfg and the .ini, it just won't work. :(
The problem is, that I don't know why :D As soon as I click "Choose Aircraft" my FSX crashes.

Any help is appreciated!

Max

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Flyingmax wrote:Discovered this hotfix after I gave up to try integrating the RXP530. Sadly, nothing of this helps. I've tried everything, replacing the panel.cfg and the .ini, it just won't work. :(
The problem is, that I don't know why :D As soon as I click "Choose Aircraft" my FSX crashes.

Any help is appreciated!

Max
Most common reason for that error is due to direct X9 not being updated during the installation. You can grab the latest direct x9 from microsoft, link is in the general troubleshooting FAQ and here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... aspx?id=35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Flyingmax
Airman

Post by Flyingmax »

Thanks, will try it directly after my landing :)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”