Reality XP GPS known issues (including FSX crash)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Reality XP GPS known issues (including FSX crash)

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hey guys. Based on popular demand, we decided to integrate RealityXP GPS'es in our plane and we wanted to make the integration as seamless as possible. Unfortunately, the gauge developer cannot be reached and we had to work out all the stuff ourselves, without any support. Turns out, there are still some issues that require manual configuration edits. Sorry for that.

1. FSX crashes instantly with the rxpGNS.dll as the faulty module.

This happens when you own only GNS530. Replace the RXPGNS.INI in your FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172 and the panel.cfg in your FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel with the files provided in this zip.
http://a2asimulations.com/public/temp/r ... 0_ONLY.zip
Unfortunately we can't detect this situation automatically, because the gauge is the same in both cases, only the license key is different. We tried to contact the gauge developer about this issue.

2. No NAV control for GNS430.

In the current setup GNS530 drives the NAV1 CDI. If you want to use GNS430 as the source for the autopilot, use the panel.cfg linked below.
http://a2asimulations.com/public/temp/r ... LS_NAV.zip

3. VOR1 Frequency tuned on the GNS530 doesn't control VOR1 indicator

You have to switch to any different GPS panel layout (for example NO GPS) and turn on the second Bendix King KX 155. After that you can return to GNS 530 panel layout. The position of that power switch is remembered, so you have to set this only once.

4. I want GNS530 to tune COM2/NAV2

You can switch between 1st and 2nd COM/NAV at any time by right clicking one of the GNS530 frequency transfer buttons.

5. LPV approaches

One of the users posted a solution here:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 20#p289220
Last edited by some1 - A2A on 25 Jan 2014, 04:05, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Krawczyk

tcd223
Airman

Re: Reality XP GPS known issues (including FSX crash)

Post by tcd223 »

I'm going to assume that you need to turn on Com 2 in the NO GPS stack as well if you want to get com 2 through the GNS 530.

Will confirm tonight.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

KX155 unit has one power switch, which turns on both COM2 and NAV2 radios.
Michael Krawczyk

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

Very Cool the 430 works fine now BIG THANK YOU!
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

tcd223
Airman

Post by tcd223 »

some1 - A2A wrote:KX155 unit has one power switch, which turns on both COM2 and NAV2 radios.
Ah, my mistake. In that case, turning on the one unit will likely solve both the Com2 and Nav2 issue. Thank you for your help.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

This doesn't address the main problem though.

By default, and since the RXP 530W sits on top of your avionics, it needs to be NAV1/COMM1. The KN62A needs to be NAV2/COMM2, whenever the user selects the RXP 430 or 530 in their stack. Currently the RXP 530 comes in with nav2/comm2. Even IF I right click the swap button to make it nav1/com1 it's still fighting for the radio as your own avionics are also the same frequency.

Not only that, it won't work online with SB4 or Pilot Edge clients if the RXP stuff is NAV2/COMM2...

How do I force your avionics to be NAV2/COMM2? Can I set that in the radios section in the cfg or is this all custom coded?

AndyPaul
Airman Basic

Post by AndyPaul »

Only have the rxp 530 and never experienced a crash with the A2A. :-)
Accu Feel order FSS214000

robnewman
Airman

Post by robnewman »

some1 - A2A wrote:Hey guys. Based on popular demand, we decided to integrate RealityXP GPS'es in our plane and we wanted to make the integration as seamless as possible. Unfortunately, the gauge developer cannot be reached and we had to work out all the stuff ourselves, without any support. Turns out, there are still some issues that require manual configuration edits. Sorry for that.

1. FSX crashes instantly with the rxpGNS.dll as the faulty module.

This happens when you own only GNS530. Replace the RXPGNS.INI in your FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172 and the panel.cfg in your FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel with the files provided in this zip.
http://a2asimulations.com/public/temp/r ... 0_ONLY.zip

I'd just like to point out that this isn't just a "530 only" issue... I reported this a few places on various threads.

I have only the Rxp 430 and had exactly the same error and crash as those reporting when using "only the 530".

I assume the fix for this is the same, but I need to remove the references to the 530 from my panel.cfg? Or is the .ini file included with this fix specific to fixing those with only the 530?

Hope you can help...

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

some1 - A2A wrote:..

2. No NAV control for GNS430.

In the current setup GNS530 drives the NAV1 CDI. If you want to use GNS430 as the source for the autopilot, use the panel.cfg linked below.
http://a2asimulations.com/public/temp/r ... LS_NAV.zip..
Hi Mike, (some1)

your download links at initial post does not work. :?
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
I need that file, if anyone would share it please? It is time to get my bird in the air as i want it to have :wink:
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Nico,

links restored in original post

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

RXP530 shares the same radios as your 155A second unit. Yours needs to be radio2. How can I make this happen?

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Not possible in the current version, but we will think about it for an update.
Michael Krawczyk

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

That's a problem then. I do appreciate how you guys made the 3d integration this time around. The many avionics are nice as well. But please consider making your second stack radio #2 for the update. With the GNS530W in panel it's essentially hindering the navigational performance by deleting an extra comm and nav set. In real life it would be an excellent addition.

Thanks for the consideration.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

With the GNS530W in panel it's essentially hindering the navigational performance by deleting an extra comm and nav set
Then don't hinder the navigational performance by manual config edits, and use it as it was preconfigured by us, with COM2/NAV2. :) We did that intentionally because it's easier to tune frequencies using the Bendix radio rather than GNS530 knobs.
Michael Krawczyk

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

But it doesn't work for online flight using clients like Squawkbox4. RXP needs to be radio 1. Tuning knobs is the same "easiness" with RXP vs the 155A's... It's also illogical to have the radios on top be #2.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”