Taxi Friction.. (Brakes for me)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
popandbob
Airman Basic

Re: Taxi Friction.. (Brakes for me)

Post by popandbob »

Qflyer
Did you reset the brake position after the pedals were removed?
The reason I ask is when I pull the plug on my controls they set the signal to 50% until I tell it to do otherwise.

Q_Flyer

Post by Q_Flyer »

popandbob wrote:Qflyer
Did you reset the brake position after the pedals were removed?
The reason I ask is when I pull the plug on my controls they set the signal to 50% until I tell it to do otherwise.
Hi yes, thanks for the suggestion but I checked this.

Perhaps there are several 'brake stuck' problems..... and maybe some are down to hardware config.

The fact that I can fly from a paved runway and not suffer any 'stuck brakes' at all confirms that my problem is not hardware related. The brakes getting stuck and requiring 100% power (+ 3secs) to pull off, is only happening on non-paved surfaces. But as I am flying the C172 in Orbx non-paved fields 95% of the time, thus the problem is a deal breaker for me at the moment, and the plane is currently in the maintenance hangar full time.

..... which is a shame because, with the clickspot problem resolved, this would otherwise be my favourite GA aircraft of all time in FS.

labrat4jafmc
Airman First Class

Post by labrat4jafmc »

Is everyone else experiencing the nose down somersault crash that I am? I'm wondering if I am having an extra problem. Just to throw in some more info. When I have had this "departure from controlled taxi resulting in firey death", re-spawned and repaired. I try again only to die each time. I have found that if I change airports (even if it is only a different parking spot) that I seem fine until I shut down the sim and come back to it later.

Cheers.
"If other eyes grow dull, other hands slack, and other hearts cold in the solemn trust, ours shall keep it well as long as the light and warmth of life remain in us."

Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”